Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance doesn't take Amex

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Insurance doesn't take Amex

@Cory wrote:

AAA doesn't let you pay your monthly installment auto premium period with a credit card. At least I can't pay my premium with a credit card. I really dispise that to.

The ability to pay your auto premiums with CCs at AAA is club specific, I had no problem paying mine in 2 installments with a CC.

Message 41 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Cory wrote:

AAA doesn't let you pay your monthly installment auto premium period with a credit card. At least I can't pay my premium with a credit card. I really dispise that to.

The ability to pay your auto premiums with CCs at AAA is club specific, I had no problem paying mine in 2 installments with a CC.

Correct. Lol I pay mine fine with a CC, which is why I kinda wish I kept my AAA Visa cuz it's bonus points for AAA insurance payments and gas

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 42 of 48
Cory
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Cory wrote:

Well thank you for your information. I was not aware of that. I might need to look for another AAA location then, if possible. I purchased my auto premium in Southern California (Anahiem).

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see a couple of people posting with insurance policies of ~$200 for 6 months, that sounds awful nice! lol. Currently I pay around $130 per month for a pretty basic policy, due to age. Too many young drivers suck and drive up our prices. Smiley Sad

OP, if your credit profile supports it, have you considered the Citi Double Cash? 2% on everything and it's a MasterCard so it might be accepted. Guessing you've already thougt of that but just thought I'd mention it!

Still gardening, but citi has loosened their offers: today's mail, DC with 18 month 0% everything, 14.99 thereafter.  Sigh, must keep gardening.  Wonder what the bottom is for citi interest.

That would be so tempting!! The offer should still be there when you're done gardening though if it's something you want, perhaps it'll get even better. Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
David, the double cash would be nice, but my profile doesn't support it as of yet. Too many inquiries.

That's a shame. I've got the same problem, well, lack of account history + inquiries. 

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was getting ready to do the same with Allstate.  I sure hope I can.  BMW doesn't take cc payments either.  Smiley Sad  A waste of rewards.

Message 46 of 48
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

I use AMEX for my insurance State Farm (homeowners), and GEICO (auto). The only two places I've found and use domestically that don't accept AMEX are my Acura dealer service dept, and more importantly Taco Bell...grrr.

I feel really lucky then!  My Acura dealer's service department accepts Amex (just used my DH's new BCE two weeks ago to pay $419 for a B12 service at 30,000 miles).  And the Taco Bells around here accept Amex as well.

I have State Farm as well, and I use my Fidelity Amex to pay our monthly insurance bill.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 47 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

I use AMEX for my insurance State Farm (homeowners), and GEICO (auto). The only two places I've found and use domestically that don't accept AMEX are my Acura dealer service dept, and more importantly Taco Bell...grrr.

I feel really lucky then!  My Acura dealer's service department accepts Amex (just used my DH's new BCE two weeks ago to pay $419 for a B12 service at 30,000 miles).  And the Taco Bells around here accept Amex as well.

I have State Farm as well, and I use my Fidelity Amex to pay our monthly insurance bill.

Just went through Hartford and AARP, I pay annually.  They accepted Amex (I used SimplyCash).  As to DC, just put in a request via EO to reduce APR and raise limit on QS.  Will see how it goes . Smiley LOL

Signature needs updating
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.