Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance doesn't take Amex

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Insurance doesn't take Amex

So I decided to put all my bills and expenses on my Fidelity Amex for the flat 2%. Well would you know my insurance company (AAA) doesn't take Amex CC payments. DRATS. Super inconvenient cuz I only wanted to keep up with one credit card bill for utilities sake. But my gas will go on my BofA cash so I guess that will be my "car expenses" card Smiley Tongue

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Insurance doesn't take Amex

I've used my American Express to pay State Farm. It's sad that paying my insurance on a 1% card got me about $30 cash back!

Message 2 of 48
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used my American Express to pay State Farm. It's sad that paying my insurance on a 1% card got me about $30 cash back!

Move to state farm. I pay all my insurances with my Amex!

Message 3 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I'd love to move insurance but I got in a car accident last year so nobody's gonna take me lol
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 48
celluloid17
Established Contributor

That was my dilemma as well.  I was hoping to make Fidelity Amex my general bill pay and miscellaneous spend card, but one of my larger monthly bills is my health insurance and they only accept Visa and MC.  This is where Citi Double Cash trumps Fidelity Amex for me.

Message 5 of 48
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$3000 monthly car insurance. You driving a 30 micro 18k gold plated bugatti veryon?

Message 6 of 48
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
I'd love to move insurance but I got in a car accident last year so nobody's gonna take me lol

WHat happens when you crash and its your fault?  DOes the monthly fee go up?  Not sure how it works yet

Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao josh.
Message 8 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yup my policy shot up $60 a month

Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a big jump. I got into accident lag year the monthly fee went up about $1.20
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.