Did you mean: 

Insurance doesn't take Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Insurance doesn't take Amex

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used my American Express to pay State Farm. It's sad that paying my insurance on a 1% card got me about $30 cash back!

$3000 monthly car insurance. You driving a 30 micro 18k gold plated bugatti veryon?

I wish! The $3,000 paid for insurance for both of my cars for the next 6 months, and renter's insurance for the next year. I don't have to pay again until the end of October.

I do drive a Saab convertible, but it's 11 years old and worth slightly less than the car in your picture.

Message 11 of 48
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Yup my policy shot up $60 a month

Thats a lot.. You need to find another insurance company.  Who are you insured with?

Is it this one or something similar?

Message 12 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I'm also under 25 so I think that makes a difference
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 13 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

No it's car insurance through AAA for AAA members. Called The Members Insurance Company
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being 25 would make you pay more. But 60 dollar jump for one accident is ridiculous. Was it a major pile up on the freeway caused by you, causing extensive property damage? Lol
Message 15 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

No, just wasn't paying attention to the road and hit someone in the back.

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, lol. So that jump is astronomical considering. Try taking your business elsewhere. Get quotes. Someone will take you for less despite the accident.
Message 17 of 48
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Trust me I've tried. I'm not worried about the cost. It tends to go down if I had no issues. Just sucks that I can't use my Amex

Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, oh well. Well as you said you have your dedicated car card lol. Gas and insurance. Use it for maintenence too, lol.
Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

It always slightly bugs me when I can't maximize my benefits like that.

I know it's just 1%... still, something inside me dies when I use a suboptimal card. Almost considered opening a Double Cash from Citi for that purpose.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.