Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest Rate Reduced

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interest Rate Reduced

I just paid off my Direct Merchants CC last week and notice that I still had a $7.54 payment due on the new statement with a $8.00 min paym't due so I decided to call the CC company and ask about it.  While I had then on the phone, I told them I have been a good customer for a while now and was wondering if they could reduce my interest rate.  They had already doubled my CL from $500 to $1000 a few months back.  Without questions asked, they offered me 3.99% on all purchases for the next 6 months and then my new % rate would be 3% lower than it was prior to today for purchases and 6% less on cash advances.  I am a happy camper!

Message Edited by Topshelf on 02-06-2008 06:27 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Reduced

Hi topshelf, you mean the interest rate reduced right?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit Reduced

Da, me bad!  Yep, that is what I meant.  Thanks,
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Interest Rate Reduced

@Anonymous wrote:
I just paid off my Direct Merchants CC last week and notice that I still had a $7.54 payment due on the new statement with a $8.00 min paym't due so I decided to call the CC company and ask about it. While I had then on the phone, I told them I have been a good customer for a while now and was wondering if they could reduce my interest rate. They had already doubled my CL from $500 to $1000 a few months back. Without questions asked, they offered me 3.99% on all purchases for the next 6 months and then my new % rate would be 3% lower than it was prior to today for purchases and 6% less on cash advances. I am a happy camper!

Message Edited by Topshelf on 02-06-2008 06:27 PM

Every now and then you run across evidence that there are still some businesses who understand how customer service works, and that if you treat your customers well, you will be rewarded with undying loyalty. Which *surprise!* is good for your bottom line.

As best as I can tell, this is no longer taught in business school. Smiley Sad Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.