Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest charge

tag
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Interest charge

Just notice on my last statement I was charged 3 cents interest on my Amex BCP.

This card is suppuse to have 0% APR through june. Yeah been carrying balance, but never saw this before.

It was charged the same time(seperate transaction) as my annual fee of $75. Not sure if this is related. It's just 3 cents, it is definetly not interest on my current balance, but just curious why it happened and wanted to know if anyone else expierenced this during their intro rate. 

No international purchases or anything like that. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shelly313
New Contributor

Re: Interest charge

I don't have an Amex, but I would just keep an eye on your next statment, and if happens again I would call them.  Even if its only a few cents.  I hope someone will be able to shed some light for you on this.

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 2 of 4
Chris679
Established Contributor

0% APR would be for new purchases. if you are carrying a balance you would have the grace period for purchases but not fees I'm guessing. $.03 would be 1 day of interest on $75 if your APR is around 13-16%. I'm thinking the fee hit the last day of statement and $.03 is the interest for that 1 day.
Message 3 of 4
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@Chris679 wrote:
0% APR would be for new purchases. if you are carrying a balance you would have the grace period for purchases but not fees I'm guessing. $.03 would be 1 day of interest on $75 if your APR is around 13-16%. I'm thinking the fee hit the last day of statement and $.03 is the interest for that 1 day.

Ah this makes perfect sense. The interest charge on the full statement says it was applied to $2.41, at 12.99 APR gave me the $.03. $75/31 =~2.41 so it all makes sense now. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.