cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in Chase Freedom. Rebuilding. Questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested in Chase Freedom. Rebuilding. Questions.

I searched through some old posts and it  seems I could have a good chance with them. I've never had anything by chase ever if that matters. The Freedom seems easiest to get. Or the  Amazon card  but I really hate shopping on Amazon so it's not worth it unless it helps rebuilding that much..then  I'd have to force myself to spend $25 there every other month. .

1. Can you apply for the Freedom 6+ months in rebuilding or best to wait 1 year?

2. I am currently waiting on an Amex approval or denial. Is it best to apply the day that goes through before the account is reported if approved?

3. Why are there so many reviews here and on Credit Karma for this card that say the card was opened and randomly closed despite on time payments, low utilization and regular usage?  Should I be worried?

My goals is just getting a second or third card  in addition to Cap1 and garden until at least March.  BOA, Citi and Disco are currently out for different reasons. So I don't care so much about the inquiry hits. I only have 2 or 3 from this year.

I do not pre-qualify for anything with Chase on their website.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interested in Chase Freedom. Rebuilding. Questions.

1. What are your FICO8 scores?
  2. You can check Chase prequalified offers on their website and see if you have a stronger prequalification: https://www.chase.com/prequalified
  3. You can also sign up for Chase Credit Journey which is free and provides a useless FAKO score but they also can show you prequalified offers over time.

6 months of rebuilding may not be enough but it's possible.  I started rebuilding in March and received a prequalified offer from Chase in May and was approved for a $500 toy limit Freedom Unlimited card.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interested in Chase Freedom. Rebuilding. Questions.

@Anonymous wrote:

I searched through some old posts and it  seems I could have a good chance with them. I've never had anything by chase ever if that matters. The Freedom seems easiest to get. Or the  Amazon card  but I really hate shopping on Amazon so it's not worth it unless it helps rebuilding that much..then  I'd have to force myself to spend $25 there every other month. .

1. Can you apply for the Freedom 6+ months in rebuilding or best to wait 1 year?

2. I am currently waiting on an Amex approval or denial. Is it best to apply the day that goes through before the account is reported if approved?

3. Why are there so many reviews here and on Credit Karma for this card that say the card was opened and randomly closed despite on time payments, low utilization and regular usage?  Should I be worried?

My goals is just getting a second or third card  in addition to Cap1 and garden until at least March.  BOA, Citi and Disco are currently out for different reasons. So I don't care so much about the inquiry hits. I only have 2 or 3 from this year.

I'd probably wait a year for Chase, but you can always try their preqaul site 

As far as AMEX, if approved it wont appear on your reports for appx two month.

Not sure about what you are refering to with the third question

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.