cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in applying for Walmart cc. What are my chances with...

tag
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Interested in applying for Walmart cc. What are my chances with...

@ Repo. Its www.whogavemecredit.com. 

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 11 of 15
ms_lee28

I was approved for a Capital One Cash Rewards card :-) I went for the MC instead of the Visa. They gave me a 500 CL. I was either going to apply for the Cash R card or the MTV card. The Cash Rewards card was more attractive in the end. It does have an AF but I figure the cash back  will pay for the fee and I was more interested in the lower interest rate (19.8% CR and 24.9% MTV). Overall I am pleased with the outcome of my recent credit applications considering how leary I was to apply. I only wonder now if they would've approved me for the visa. I'm not concerned much about the CL, in time with good payment history I am hoping they'll give me an increase. My main focus now is to establish positive trade lines and increasing my score right now.  

Starting Score: TU: 687 (MyFico, 4/15/12), TU: 659 (WalMart 8/6/12)
Current Score:TU: 679 (WalMart), EQ 676 (FICO 11/3/12) FICO
Goal Score: 775 ALL CRA's

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats for the 2 approvals! !
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 15
J2W
Established Member

Congrats on the approval ...I have to say I have been a member of this group not long ..that have provided soooo much helpful info ..to all be blessed
Message 14 of 15
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@ms_lee28 wrote:

I was approved for a Capital One Cash Rewards card :-) I went for the MC instead of the Visa. They gave me a 500 CL. I was either going to apply for the Cash R card or the MTV card. The Cash Rewards card was more attractive in the end. It does have an AF but I figure the cash back  will pay for the fee and I was more interested in the lower interest rate (19.8% CR and 24.9% MTV). Overall I am pleased with the outcome of my recent credit applications considering how leary I was to apply. I only wonder now if they would've approved me for the visa. I'm not concerned much about the CL, in time with good payment history I am hoping they'll give me an increase. My main focus now is to establish positive trade lines and increasing my score right now.  

Hurray!!! Congrats!

Concerning the red statement....

I'm glad you are not concerned about your CL because you won't get much or many in the way of credit line increases from Cap1.Don't worry, nobody gets them!

Concerning the purple statement...

That's EXACTLY what these 2 cards will do for you!

You need to use these cards and make sure they are paid in full each month a few days BEFORE the due date. You will be golden in a year!

After these cards turn 1 year old you will need to apply for 2 credit cards from these PRIME banks such as:

AMEX

Bank of America

Chase

CitiBank

Discover

Barclays

Wells Fargo

Don't apply for any more store cards. They will only hold you back from receiving credit cards from the PRIME banks later on.

There are many differences between Cap1 and prime banks. One of the major differences is size of CL. Most people will top out their CL with Cap1 at somewhere around $3000 to $3500 after several YEARS of good behavior. Prime banks will give an average person with good credit $5000 to $10000 CL after a few years. Just look at the signature lines on these forums where people list their cards and CL. The prime banks are the people you want credit cards from.

You are on the right track! You did GREAT!!!!

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.