cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting AA on my Walmart store card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting AA on my Walmart store card!

I've had my Walmart store card for around 5 years now, having gone from a SL of $300 to $6k. Upon checking my Credit Karma, I found they had busted my CL from $6k down to $1554....odd number. Figured it was just from lack of use, as it had been over a year since I used the card, opting to use my WM MC instead. Logging into my WM account confirmed the CLD. Well, about a week ago I decided to give them a little love and charged $27 in the store. Today, I get a notice on MyFico of an account change. Yep, they restored my CL of $6k. Think me showing them a little love by charging something on the card within a short time of the CLD triggered them to restore my CL?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting AA on my Walmart store card!

Could have been.  In general you should always try to swipe all of your cards at least once every 6 months to more or less ensure AA doesn't happen. 

That does seem like an odd limit to CLD you to, though.  Usually when you see a limit like that it's because they are bringing it down to your balance, but unless you had a balance of $1554 that wouldn't make sense. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Could have been.  In general you should always try to swipe all of your cards at least once every 6 months to more or less ensure AA doesn't happen. 

That does seem like an odd limit to CLD you to, though.  Usually when you see a limit like that it's because they are bringing it down to your balance, but unless you had a balance of $1554 that wouldn't make sense. 

I had a zero balance, so that wasn't it.

Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yep synchrony monitors their cards like a hawk and seem to apply a countdown hourglass of sorts that once they lay idle for a long enough time for them they take action like that.

What really thrills the peaches out of me is that they returned your original limit again Smiley Very Happy

Credit Lenders are full of all sorts of surprises, some better and some not so.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yep synchrony monitors their cards like a hawk and seem to apply a countdown hourglass of sorts that once they lay idle for a long enough time for them they take action like that.

What really thrills the peaches out of me is that they returned your original limit again Smiley Very Happy

Credit Lenders are full of all sorts of surprises, some better and some not so.

It was almost like they slapped my hand and said don't do that again kid! So I got grounded for a couple weeks. I learned my lesson. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

They were just checking your Vitals to make sure you still have a pulse.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had that happen with a gas card that I hadn't used in over a year (large CLD to a random, strange number).  After getting feedback here, I hit the LUV button, and they restored almost all of it (like $150 short of my old limit, still more than I will ever use it).  I think it's just some idioSYNCHrocies (see what I did there? Smiley Wink )

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.