cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting American Express pre-approval offer from Premier Rewards Gold homepage!

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Interesting American Express pre-approval offer from Premier Rewards Gold homepage!

Hi guys/gals!

It has been awhile since I posted on here but so much success from following this forum since I was 18 I have since then financed my second car and have $10k average CL Smiley Happy high ficos.

I am posting here because an interesting offer has appeared while I logged in to pay my bill.

Check it out!

For those on mobile: It is a pre-approval UPGRADE to Amex Plat. w/ 50k membership bonus with $5k spend within 3 months

Is that a good offer or should I wait.

Amex Plat Preapproval.jpg

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Marths
Contributor

Re: Interesting American Express pre-approval offer from Premier Rewards Gold homepage!

Pre-Approvals with AmEx are always iffy. There are people who were "pre-approved" and denied upon applying. It's really up to you. Do you think your FICO score, and financial status is sufficient for the card? 

265k FHA Home Loan @ 2.65%
19k Cap1 Auto Loan @ 2.65%

March 2019 - CK(TU-609, EQ-632),EX-590
May 2020 - CK (TU-673, EQ-666), EX-651
January 2022 - CK(TU-727, EQ-726),EX-704
Message 2 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting American Express pre-approval offer from Premier Rewards Gold homepage!

Would it matter because I already have the Premier Rewards and two other credit cards with them.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not worth the AF

Message 4 of 20
Marths
Contributor

If your history with them is good, it will help yes, but it is never guarenteed with their pre-approvals. If you spend enough to make the card worth it than it's a good card. That $495 annual fee is pretty heavy though. 

265k FHA Home Loan @ 2.65%
19k Cap1 Auto Loan @ 2.65%

March 2019 - CK(TU-609, EQ-632),EX-590
May 2020 - CK (TU-673, EQ-666), EX-651
January 2022 - CK(TU-727, EQ-726),EX-704
Message 5 of 20
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Marths wrote:

If your history with them is good, it will help yes, but it is never guarenteed with their pre-approvals. If you spend enough to make the card worth it than it's a good card. That $495 annual fee is pretty heavy though. 

Are you currently having a charge card?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rackham94 wrote:

It would be a great offer if they waived the $495 AF but I don't see that.

PRG had the AF waive and 50K bonus...I jumped on that one.

Message 7 of 20
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

It would be a great offer if they waived the $495 AF but I don't see that.

PRG had the AF waive and 50K bonus...I jumped on that one.

+1 That  offer was fantastic.

Op, since you are already a PRG cardholder I wouldn't really worry about approval, it becomes more of a question of will the card bring value to you based the on higher annual fee.

Message 8 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

"Pre-approved to Apply"?  Anyone can apply so the language is strange!   On my wife's account, slightly different language but the same thing:

You're Pre-Selected for Platinum

Apply to upgrade to Platinum and you can earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rackham94 wrote:

Hi guys/gals!

It has been awhile since I posted on here but so much success from following this forum since I was 18 I have since then financed my second car and have $10k average CL Smiley Happy high ficos.

I am posting here because an interesting offer has appeared while I logged in to pay my bill.

Check it out!

For those on mobile: It is a pre-approval UPGRADE to Amex Plat. w/ 50k membership bonus with $5k spend within 3 months

Amex Plat Preapproval.jpg

I'd probably take it.

Maybe...

I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.