Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Chase CLI

@MidnightVoice wrote:

For various reasons I wanted an increase in my Chase (United) CL.  It is my daughter's and wife's emergency card, and I wanted a bigger buffer available.

So I called and she told me they would pull my CR (fine with me) and asked me my HHI (fine with me).

I asked for $6,500, to bring it to a nice round number.  I did not get it - I got $4,700.  Seemed an odd amount, but I took it.  I then thought about it, and realized that this means my new Chase CL is exactly $200 more than the highest CL I have solely in my name.  Smiley Happy

Interesting

Midnight, what was the CL before increase?  if you don't mind ~

Most of my cards are begin with 3k ~ 3.5k   (Except Discover with 2k and Addison Platinum VISA 10k)   

Some stays same (didn't ask for CLI)  and some got CLId ~ Chase is one of them.  

• Starbucks Duetto VISA (now Freedom VISA)   3k  to  5k  to  8.6k.
  • Flexible MC (to Freedom MC, then Freedom World MC)   3k  to  5.5k  to  6k  to  9k

Even with my little HHI, I received CLI.   So, I believe yours will go higher too.

Message 11 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am not talking about original credit lines, but specifically the CLI I was given.   That is what interested me. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

For various reasons I wanted an increase in my Chase (United) CL.  It is my daughter's and wife's emergency card, and I wanted a bigger buffer available.

So I called and she told me they would pull my CR (fine with me) and asked me my HHI (fine with me).

I asked for $6,500, to bring it to a nice round number.  I did not get it - I got $4,700.  Seemed an odd amount, but I took it.  I then thought about it, and realized that this means my new Chase CL is exactly $200 more than the highest CL I have solely in my name.  Smiley Happy

Interesting

Midnight, what was the CL before increase?  if you don't mind ~

Most of my cards are begin with 3k ~ 3.5k   (Except Discover with 2k and Addison Platinum VISA 10k)   

Some stays same (didn't ask for CLI)  and some got CLId ~ Chase is one of them.  

• Starbucks Duetto VISA (now Freedom VISA)   3k  to  5k  to  8.6k.
  • Flexible MC (to Freedom MC, then Freedom World MC)   3k  to  5.5k  to  6k  to  9k

Even with my little HHI, I received CLI.   So, I believe yours will go higher too.

Chase was my lowest CLI card and one of my oldest.  CL was $8.5K.  It went up $200 above my highest CL card (Amex).

By the way, I very, very rarely ask for a CLI.  In fact, I think this is only the second I have asked for in the last decade!  So I have a whole bunch of cards at about $10K, and have never bothered trying to drive them up.  And all my useage is spread out and low, so auoto CLIs are rare.  Big expenses either go on a specific card (Apple or Lowes  Smiley Happy ), or on DW's B&N card to buy books.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I am not talking about original credit lines, but specifically the CLI I was given.   That is what interested me. 

Chase was my lowest CLI card and one of my oldest.  CL was $8.5K.  It went up $200 above my highest CL card (Amex).

By the way, I very, very rarely ask for a CLI.  In fact, I think this is only the second I have asked for in the last decade!  So I have a whole bunch of cards at about $10K, and have never bothered trying to drive them up.  And all my useage is spread out and low, so auoto CLIs are rare.  Big expenses either go on a specific card (Apple or Lowes  Smiley Happy ), or on DW's B&N card to buy books. 

Sorry for the misread Midnight.  

So, you wanted your Chase CC CL to be 15k but they only gave you 13.2k instead.   Wow, very interesting.    As you saw, my former Starbucks Duetto VISA went up to 8.6k  ... at that time I thought why it is not 8.5k or 9k ... it's weird.  I now only can guess is they gave me $600 above my highest CL card at that time, which is Amex Blue.

Message 13 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I must have got the math wrong - it was $8.5K and went to $12.7K.  It was the weirdenes of the 700 that got me thinking - seemed such an odd number to use.

But it might just be because of my less than stellar use of the card  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.