cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting. Denied CLI on Texaco, but given $25 CLI. Asked for Cap One Increase and finally got it!

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. Denied CLI on Texaco, but given $25 CLI. Asked for Cap One Increase and finally got it!

I've been asking for the past two years to no avail, but I went in today and hit the luv button and got a $100 increase on both cards! While it might not be much, I've had high utilization for a few months. 

I also tried for a CLI on my Texaco store card and was denied, yet I see they gave me a $25 CLI. Weird.

I can't wait until October and my reports should be nearly clean!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ErikaC1
New Contributor

Re: Interesting. Denied CLI on Texaco, but given $25 CLI. Asked for Cap One Increase and finally got

Congrats,

I also hit the luv button on my Quicksilver One this morning after my alarm went off lol. I have been asking to the EO for two months and was denied. I was given an increased this morning 6 months after my first increase. So I'll be hitting the luv button every six months instead of everyday because that didn't work lol.

New to the forums, thanks for all the advice!

Message 2 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting. Denied CLI on Texaco, but given $25 CLI. Asked for Cap One Increase and finally got

They wanted to give you 1/3 tank of a gas

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 6
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@ah32 wrote:

I've been asking for the past two years to no avail, but I went in today and hit the luv button and got a $100 increase on both cards! While it might not be much, I've had high utilization for a few months. 

I also tried for a CLI on my Texaco store card and was denied, yet I see they gave me a $25 CLI. Weird.

$25??? Did U by chance mean $250?

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Existentialist wrote:

@ah32 wrote:

$25??? Did U by chance mean $250?

A $25 CLI is definitely not unheard of.  I once got a $20 CLI on my old Orchard Bank Mastercard. <not kidding>.

Message 5 of 6
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I just logged back in and they gave me a $50 increase. WEIRD. 

I did get Cap One to give me $100. I might try again next month.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.