Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Discover datapoint

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting Discover datapoint

Another DP..  After the 2 day denial I got as you know a few days later about 4 hit it again and got a 400 increase then called in and collected my other 600.. Discover is a odd duck for sure lol.. Card still sucks at 3250 limit now although it might survive the fate that was the IT card as IT card had a 4500 limit with a craptastic APR.. The Miles card has a 11.x APR with still a craptasic CL, but maybe before the year is up I can get it to 5k which will still be my lowest card by far, but I can live with that then PC it to the IT card as the miles is worthless after the first year IMO just another 1.5% er.  I had it cut up for 3 months then they finally budged for 1k so had them send me a new card I got a few days ago.. Bought about 100 in groceries today on it and plan on using it for about that much a month for a few months to see if they giving me another whopping 1k in 3 months..  You think they would want people to have useable limits esp around the holidays.. Nope Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 47
blondy250
Established Contributor

My reports have been frozen going on 2 years , it has never stopped me from getting a soft CLI with discover or any other card that does SP CLI.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 12 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What’s your current credit limit there?

4k, started at 2500. I know its not a bad limit for my spend etc  but i guess i kinda expected more with Disco. Right or wrong , many of us want to grow our Discovers or at least feel like it has potential. I just dont feel it anymore. 

Message 13 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:
My reports have been frozen going on 2 years , it has never stopped me from getting a soft CLI with discover or any other card that does SP CLI.

My thoughts exactly. Just found it interesting in order for them to to " review" my account they had to view  Eq where obviously they can see my Tu and Ex with zero problems. Im in no mood to go 2 years hoping they throw a bone at me. Im happy ive hit that wall where im going to look for the cards that will be with me long roadSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just adding to the misery that is Discover CLI...I requested a CLI earlier this month, received the dreaded 2 day message.  Letter dated 10 June arrived and stated my credit report is frozen, unable to verify.  The bureau listed is TU.  My TU score updated on my account on 11 June. So I'm not understanding how my credit report can't be verified on one day, but the next day the score is pulled?!

Message 15 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It is for me the most insane denial reason. If they can give a monthly FICO score they can access your report. Thanks for sharing, Discover is the most headscratching card to figure out in the Cc UniverseSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 47
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

It's so weird to me that credit card companies don't provide the credit score info from the credit bureau they pull from.

Like why would Discover provide Transunion info when they pull Equifax? So dumb.

Message 17 of 47
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I've found that most CLI requests need the CRA unfrozen/ unlocked. I've run into this with Barclays, Disco & BoA - all clis denied for TU being locked, all approved when I unlocked it.
Message 18 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

True Dave , highly recommend unfreezing just in case . But I have received cli from Disco with my TU locked, as well as EQ. Then to say they can't access them to decide on cli is mindboggling nonetheless. Disco be Cray CraySmiley Wink
Message 19 of 47
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
True Dave , highly recommend unfreezing just in case . But I have received cli from Disco with my TU locked, as well as EQ. Then to say they can't access them to decide on cli is mindboggling nonetheless. Disco be Cray CraySmiley Wink

Disco is crazy alright. I hadn't tried for a CLI for a year or so after they declined me the last time I tried. Then this spring I took a $4500 BT, the 0% fee 4% APR option as it was going to be short term. But with the extra security these days I called and specifically told the rep I had already requested the BT online and was just calling to see if they needed any additional info. The next morning I logged in to check things and saw the rep had duplicated things, I had TWO $4500 BTs pending. I immediately called to cancel the second one but was told "too late", they're both in processing. Panic time, $9,000 on a card with a $10,600 CL! I repaid the second $4500 just before the statement cut and repaid the other $4500 before the next statement cut.

Thinking it might be a good time to try for a CLI I unlocked TU and hit the luv button - $4500 CLI, taking me to $15,100 CL on a card that had a $4k SL when opened in 2015. Disco either loves you or hated you, they seem to kinda like me. Smiley Embarassed

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.