Valued Member
Artzdelux

Interesting Email from Citi

So,
 I just applied for and was approved yesterday for a CITI Diamond Preferred card.  I got an email today stating:

Thank you for applying for a Citi® Diamond Preferred® account.
We have additional information we would like to discuss with you to ensure we provide you with the product that best meets your needs.
Please call us at 888-556-0463 between 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., ET, before 08/03/2008.

Sincerely,
R.M. Pick
Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.

Any Idea what this could be about?  I am looking for a CLI upon activation (my plan is to use this card as a BT, and the CL is not high enough to ensure <50% utilization on this specific card).  I guess this would be a good time to ask?
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Interesting Email from Citi

I had to call into Discover when I got my approval. The CSR said they needed to verify my address because they had a different one showing on file on the report they pulled. They probably just need to verify something. I woudn't be too concerned.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Orrrrr......maybe they saw your balance on another card and want to offer you a BT??
Established Member
Givemesomecredit

I got that message when I first got approved with Citi for a personal credit card. When I called to inquire, they just wanted to tell me about another Citi product they thought I might be interested in, like a business credit card or something.

I wasn't interested so I wasn't paying attention to the specifics but now I wish I had. I probably could have gotten an additional account with them from the same pull. If only I had starting educating myself about credit cards sooner. If you call, let us know what they offer you.
Valued Member
Artzdelux

When I call I will let you know.  I am already planning on using this card for BT (hence the need for a higher CL - to keep that card's utilization low), but we shall see. 

Thanks for all your help.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}