Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Email from Citi

tag
Artzdelux
New Contributor

Interesting Email from Citi

So,
 I just applied for and was approved yesterday for a CITI Diamond Preferred card.  I got an email today stating:

Thank you for applying for a Citi® Diamond Preferred® account.
We have additional information we would like to discuss with you to ensure we provide you with the product that best meets your needs.
Please call us at 888-556-0463 between 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., ET, before 08/03/2008.

Sincerely,
R.M. Pick
Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.

Any Idea what this could be about?  I am looking for a CLI upon activation (my plan is to use this card as a BT, and the CL is not high enough to ensure <50% utilization on this specific card).  I guess this would be a good time to ask?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Email from Citi

I had to call into Discover when I got my approval. The CSR said they needed to verify my address because they had a different one showing on file on the report they pulled. They probably just need to verify something. I woudn't be too concerned.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orrrrr......maybe they saw your balance on another card and want to offer you a BT??
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that message when I first got approved with Citi for a personal credit card. When I called to inquire, they just wanted to tell me about another Citi product they thought I might be interested in, like a business credit card or something.

I wasn't interested so I wasn't paying attention to the specifics but now I wish I had. I probably could have gotten an additional account with them from the same pull. If only I had starting educating myself about credit cards sooner. If you call, let us know what they offer you.
Message 4 of 5
Artzdelux
New Contributor

When I call I will let you know.  I am already planning on using this card for BT (hence the need for a higher CL - to keep that card's utilization low), but we shall see. 

Thanks for all your help.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.