Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Encounter with CapitalOne

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting Encounter with CapitalOne

I have a CapitalOne Platinum *Image card*, so I decided to get rid of the image. I called CapitalOne and they mentioned the only way to get rid of the image on a card was to upgrade the card. So they upgraded me to a QuickSilver card and they mentioned only the reward structure would change with no AF. As far as I knew, Quicksilver was available in only 2 varieties - QuickSilver Visa Signature with no AF & QuickSilver Master card with $39 AF. My CL is below $1000 for this platinum card. I am definitely not getting Visa Signature; so if they are sending me a Master card, won't there be AF on it?

Anyone with a CapitalOne Quicksilver Master card with no AF????

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
dize
Regular Contributor

Re: Interesting Encounter with CapitalOne

I have a mastercard with no AF from upgrading my platinum. I also have a quicksilver one with an AF that I applied for before the upgrade.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a Quick Silver VISA *non-Signature* card with no AF?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is a QS visa non sig with no AF this what I was upgraded to after my journeys card because I didn't meet the 5k limit for a signature
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1, I have Quicksilver Platinum Visa with no AF

Message 5 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a CapitalOne Platinum *Image card*, so I decided to get rid of the image. I called CapitalOne and they mentioned the only way to get rid of the image on a card was to upgrade the card. So they upgraded me to a QuickSilver card and they mentioned only the reward structure would change with no AF. As far as I knew, Quicksilver was available in only 2 varieties - QuickSilver Visa Signature with no AF & QuickSilver Master card with $39 AF. My CL is below $1000 for this platinum card. I am definitely not getting Visa Signature; so if they are sending me a Master card, won't there be AF on it?

Anyone with a CapitalOne Quicksilver Master card with no AF????

Yes, the Quicksilver "one" Card, as pictured on the Cap-1 site with the red/yellow MC logo on the front - NOT the QS-one card.

If and when you have a QS-1 MC "upgraded" to a no AF QS (the Visa Signature one shown on the Cap-1 site) they issue a new card and its a MC-QS, and yes I have one.

It's just like the QS Visa Signature card, but it has the red/yellow MC logo on the front.

Message 6 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

There is three varieties of QS available through making an app. 

QS1 Mastercard - AF

QS Visa Platinum

And QS Visa Sig

Through a PC/Upgrade you can get either

QS Mastercard - No AF

QS World Mastercard - No AF

QS Visa Platinum - No AF

QS Visa Sig - No AF 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

QS1 Mastercard - AF

QS Visa Platinum

And QS Visa Sig

QS Mastercard - No AF

QS Visa Platinum - No AF

QS Visa Sig - No AF 

I guess that's why these cards are so cheap/fake looking. Every CSR probably has a laser printer in their cubicle where they just print up whatever card is needed at the time. Not that I'm complaining about CapOne's flexibility on this. I always prefer MC over Visa. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

QS1 Mastercard - AF

QS Visa Platinum

And QS Visa Sig

QS Mastercard - No AF

QS Visa Platinum - No AF

QS Visa Sig - No AF 

You forgot to add: QS World Elite MasterCard- NO AF

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they are doing mc world or world elite qs cards. I asked when I upgraded a qs1 with a 10k limit.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.