Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting PayPal CLI Recon

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Interesting PayPal CLI Recon

So I got on the phone and called PayPal, since the account gets used a lot and PIF each month, to ask for a CLI.  About three or four months ago I got an auto increase from $1500 to $3000, so I figured my chances were pretty good. 

Nope.  So I asked the CSR about it and she said that I had to wait for the letter.  I asked to speak with an analyst about it and she said she was an analyst.  I asked her what she analyzed in deciding the CLI, she said she inputted the info.  Basically, she pressed the Luv Button and in no way was an analyst.  (Since when do analysts actually answer phone calls like CSR agents?)  So while I was discussing this and other facts I finally just said that she needed to transfer me to a supervisor.  She did and I asked that person right away to put me in touch with an analyst, which he readily did without any argument or discussion. 

So the analyst gets on the line and we discuss this issue and he says hold on and let me check.  He did ask me what limit did I want and I questioned him about how this would be done.  I wanted to know if he would counter offer if I was not eligible for the amount I requested and sure enough it would happen if I was partially eligible.  So he comes back with; NOPE, he said, can't do it.  Wait for the letter to know why.  I explained to him how I PIF each month and needed a bit more breathing room on the card.  I also told him that since the balance was reporting so high that it was negatively impacting my credit score unjustly.  (We had a little more conversation, but that was the jist of it!)  He said hold on and let me check with the Help desk.  (I was like, help desk, for the underwriting department!?!  I realized that he was not really a full analyst/underwriter then.) 

So I initially asked for $7500, thinking no way would I get it.  When I got no counter offer I thought even if I push it I am not getting $7500.  I used this limit thinking I would be counteroffered and pushed for a high amount from reading stories here about people that have requested limits and getting them easily given.  Some of these people have said, wow I should have asked for more.  Now, I get the rejection, and then I get the analyst rejection too, so I figure no way are they giving me the $7500. 

I should have asked for more!  He comes back and says OK after checking with the HELP DESK, we are raising your limit to $7500!  I actually had to control myself from laughing, truthfully.  I was thinking darn it I should have asked for more, because the HELP DESK was really HELPFUL!  

I only opened the account in January and in March they doubled my limit from $1500, to $3000, so thank you HELP DESK for the $7500!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Interesting PayPal CLI Recon

Message 2 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, Lexie, a help desk for underwriting.  It was amusing to just simply hear the person say it!

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, but you know they will tell you that they don't have a help desk or that they can't transfer you to it, right?  Isn't that always the story?

Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 12
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you very nice cli, but I am thinking with the paypal cc can someone call credit solutions for a cli??? just so I know for future reference and not have to play around with regular reps, thanks for any information?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bern's got it. Just like Citi never lets you speak with an Analyst heh.

@tray- credi solutions increased my Paypal Extras MC w only sps! So..yes!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 12
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@tray - ditto what young said.  I've had my $1K card since January.  Auto increase to $1.5K at about 3 mos.  3 mos later, I called the credit solutions number, asked for $10k and approved.  Only talked to one person, no help desk needed. lol. 

Message 9 of 12
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks to both of the threads, credit solution is the way to go when I ask for my cli!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.