Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Pre-approval thought

tag
pats23
Contributor

Interesting Pre-approval thought

I have banked with USAA for 5 years now and never once had a pre-approval show up in my offers. So about ten days ago I went to app for a CC I filed out everything right to the last page right before I was about to hit submit and then I decided not to and continue my time in the garden. Got a few emails that said comeback and complete your application that I ignored. and then yesterday as I posted got a preapproval and accepted it and got a new CC with 10k CL.......could just be coincidence but I thought it was interesting and figured I would share

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Interesting Pre-approval thought

@pats23 wrote:

I have banked with USAA for 5 years now and never once had a pre-approval show up in my offers. So about ten days ago I went to app for a CC I filed out everything right to the last page right before I was about to hit submit and then I decided not to and continue my time in the garden. Got a few emails that said comeback and complete your application that I ignored. and then yesterday as I posted got a preapproval and accepted it and got a new CC with 10k CL.......could just be coincidence but I thought it was interesting and figured I would share

Thanks for sharing that.  Like you, I filled out all of the info and then canceled at the last minute.  They've been sending e-mails almost daily to come back and finish the ap, but I haven't.

Since then, however, there hasn't been a preapproval in my offers.  Just out of curiosity, what are your scores like?

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 3
pats23
Contributor

Re: Interesting Pre-approval thought

@trix_r_4_kids wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

Thanks for sharing that.  Like you, I filled out all of the info and then canceled at the last minute.  They've been sending e-mails almost daily to come back and finish the ap, but I haven't.

Since then, however, there hasn't been a preapproval in my offers.  Just out of curiosity, what are your scores like?

My scores are right above the 700 mark

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.