Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Interesting, Very Interesting Capital One...

So I helped my brother reinstate his online banking on the Capital One site. I was shocked to see that his Journey card was magically a Visa Platinum. He never noticed either, and it's been like that for at least a year on his statements! Not only that, but he earns the no-hassle rewards on it, which is 1% cash back and an additional 25% back on cash rewards earned with on-time payments.

He barely uses that card. I was just shocked to know that all that changed! Who knows if he ever received the documents for it, but he said that he never received a Visa Platinum card in place of his Journey. Weird!

Oh, also got him to try to PC his card to the "Jimmy Fallon" card through chat. No go, but hey, 1.25% on a platinum ain't bad!

Just thought I'd start reporting in after a 2 week hiatus :smileywink: between vacations, spending more time with family, friends, and my boyfriend, and getting back into my full-time work routine tended to leave me worn out practically every day! But it's good to be back!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 708 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 771 Transrisk 783/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 754 Credit.com (EX) 753 VantageScore 3.0 712
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Interesting, Very Interesting Capital One...

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

So I helped my brother reinstate his online banking on the Capital One site. I was shocked to see that his Journey card was magically a Visa Platinum. He never noticed either, and it's been like that for at least a year on his statements! Not only that, but he earns the no-hassle rewards on it, which is 1% cash back and an additional 25% back on cash rewards earned with on-time payments.

He barely uses that card. I was just shocked to know that all that changed! Who knows if he ever received the documents for it, but he said that he never received a Visa Platinum card in place of his Journey. Weird!

Oh, also got him to try to PC his card to the "Jimmy Fallon" card through chat. No go, but hey, 1.25% on a platinum ain't bad!

Just thought I'd start reporting in after a 2 week hiatus :smileywink: between vacations, spending more time with family, friends, and my boyfriend, and getting back into my full-time work routine tended to leave me worn out practically every day! But it's good to be back!

Hi Ya daybreakgonesXe

We miss you at the Friday / party lol

The 1.25% is not bad at all

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

I'm confused.  Doesn't the Journey also have the 1% + .25%?

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)
Mega Contributor
LS2982

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Did he get a CLI with the PC?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Weird! My Visa Platinum from 2006 has 1.25% back on everything! Ive not seen many ppl w that
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Weird! My Visa Platinum from 2006 has 1.25% back on everything! Ive not seen many ppl w that

I have two Visa Plats dating 10-15 years.  For reasons I cannot recall, one was a No Hassle Cash, the other a No Hassle Miles.   At one point, one of them became a no rewards card (which of course I don't use), and the other became a 1.25% on everything (since converted to the 1% + .5% bonus)  So I suspect at one point all Plats of a certain type became the 1.25%, but there may not be many around now.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Think I got the rewards added to mine in 2011
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
JonStur

Still have the 2% 2% 1% structure. Wanted to PC to Green Cash, but cs rep let me keep it and gave me a CLI and no fee....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}