Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting discussion with Barclay CSR

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Interesting discussion with Barclay CSR

I posted earlier to ask whether it would be 1 or 2 inqs if I applied for both the LL Bean and the Apple Visa. So the CSR told me that Barclay normally pulls all 3 not just TU.

Her logic was that since they report to all 3 CRA's they have to pull all three. Sje put me on hold for about a minute to confirm and came back and confirmed they pull all 3.

I told her that AMEX reports to all 3 bout only pulls EX since so just because they have to report to all 3 doesn mean that it means that Barclay should pull all 3.

Any opinion on this?

The conversation was about  5 minutes.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Interesting discussion with Barclay CSR

She is.... ummm... uninformed

I can't think of ever in the last 5 years or more see anyone report anything but TU.

Me personally has applied at least 6 times with them over the years... always TU.

What makes this story worse is if she did actually go talk to her surpervisor and that person didn't know better either! Super Sad

Message 2 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

True from what we have read on here, they have always pull strictly TU.

But she did tell me that if I app for the LL Bean and the Apple, it would be 2 seperate inqs. How true that is, i dont know

Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

She is.... ummm... uninformed

I can't think of ever in the last 5 years or more see anyone report anything but TU.

Me personally has applied at least 6 times with them over the years... always TU.

What makes this story worse is if she did actually go talk to her surpervisor and that person didn't know better either! Super Sad

+1

Always fun to be informed before the call and toy with reps. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes me want to call underwriters for everything.

Message 5 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

I initially called the 'credit analyst' line that I found in the sticky but they were closed so I called the regular customer service line.

Amazing how uninformed a lot of CSR's are.

What irritates me is that, this is the reason why a lot of companmies have a 'credit analyst' line yet, their CSR are very uninformed and are making statements that are not true to the customers. That's the scary part.

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I initially called the 'credit analyst' line that I found in the sticky but they were closed so I called the regular customer service line.

What irritates me is that, this is the reason why a lot of companmies have a 'credit analyst' line yet, their CSR are very uninformed and are making statements that are not true to the customers. That's the scary part.

Well I have delt with many "credit analyst" that were really confused at reading my report and actually knowing what some of the things meant and for CSR's lack of knowledge well we can look to the bank for taking most of those centers away from US and or proper training... again probably the bank and changing policies so often to make more money from customers and get around the credit law.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

My understanding is that a CSR is no different than a teller at a bank.  Anyone who can answer a phone and be friendly can get the job.  It's like going to McDonald's and asking any of the workers how many calories are in something.

Message 8 of 13
Smug
Established Contributor

TU for me
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 9 of 13
eparker
Frequent Contributor

i just got the Barclays Apple card, and they only pulled TU.  I have not received my card as of yet but it already shows on my credit report....

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.