Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting experience with Citi

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Interesting experience with Citi

I'm posting this here because I feel this information is better suited here than the approval forumn where people may not read the posts as much and this goes beyond info about just an approval. I applied for the citi prestige and got a message to call in. So I called in today and spoke to a CSR who was very friendly. They didn't really need to verify anything, but what he explained was that I was hitting the citi ceiling for total credit with them. Doing the math it appears that the ceiling is 1/3 of your declared annual income.

The policy in that situation is that they look for any open accounts you have with them that are in active. Then they automatically pull enough credit line from the inactive account to open the new card. So in my situation I had two other citi cards I have a hilton card which has a transaction on it two months ago (this activity was too recent for them to pull from it) and I had a citi AA plat which was actually a downgraded citi exec where the last transaction was in early 2014. They pulled 2.5k from this card in order to give me a new credit line of 13k on the prestige. I'm not really sure why they couldn't just give me a 10k prestige and leave the other lines alone, but this is what they did go figure. So after that gets done they send it to another department to confirm everything is in order which was the reason for the delay (the app was earlier today so this was a quick turharound).

Finally, I asked for the card to be expedited but was told they do not expedite cards anymore because there was an extra cost associated to it that customers would pay and they wouldn't really get their cards any faster. It should go out on monday and takes about 7 days but can arrive in less. Hopefully these datapoints will be useful to someone. Like I said the CSR was a nice guy who answered all my questions and clearly explained everything. Overall I don't care about the decrease on my citi AA plat, because its in the SD and the only reason I kept it vs cancelling the AA exec all together was the 10% miles backs on redemptions. I will probably cancel it next year anyway so that credit line will go away. The citi prestige will likely only be a PC next year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting experience with Citi

Thank you for sharing. This is helpful.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.