Established Member
infoseek2012

Interesting myfico alert

I received an alert recently that showed an increase in balance on one of my cards.  However, it actually says TWO of my accounts showed an increase, but it's only one card.  The account numbers are the same and the balances are identical.  Could this just be a glitch?  I haven't pulled my credit report recently (since the increase) but I guess I could if I needed to.  I'd like to avoid the cost if I can though!

Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Re: Interesting myfico alert

I get the same thing everytime one of my accounts updates. I've looked at my report and it is only showing the one tradeline. But the Alert always shows it as two identicle ones. I'm sure it's just a glitch of some sort, nothing to worry about. :smileyhappy:

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

I've had that happen twice now in the month that I've been a Score Watch subscriber. It appears to be just a SW glitch -- no duplicate info showing up on reports.

Frequent Contributor
OhioCPA

As I understand, if you have card activity that triggers two of the different alerts, you will get both alerts. For example, if your new balance exceeds the percentage change as well as the dollar change thresholds, you will get both alerts.

________________________________________________________________________________
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex BCE, BOA Travel Rewards, Amex MB Platinum
Established Member
infoseek2012

Thanks!  That's kind of what I figured.  Good to know I'm not the only one who has seen this.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
RSCo

May be an alert about one card, however, the alert is being reported by 2 credit agencies.. This happens alot to me and then I look at the report and it says alert from equifax and experian.... But its for the same account..

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Established Contributor
distantarray

Trying to understand Fico scoring is like trying to understand a woman not worth worry about just take care of your business and your all good =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+