Did you mean: 

Interesting phone call from Chase

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting phone call from Chase

@JustMe77 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Incredible. I sent a simple secured message to Amex less than an hour ago saying simply, "I would like to product change my Clear card to the Blue Cash Everyday card."

I just recieved this response:

Hello mmduluth,

As you requested, I've changed your Clear Card account to Blue Cash Everyday Card account. The Product Change will be effective on 01/18/2012. You will receive details regarding the change in terms by mail.

Your current Card can continue to be used until the new Card is received. Your new Card will be received within 7-10 business days.

I hope this email addresses your inquiry.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

The mods will take the name out anyways, 
Email Servicing Team 
American Express Interactive Services

That's pretty awesome, congrats! 

+1 - this is really great.

I sent them a secure messaage this morning asking them to PC me from BCE to Costco TE as I think the rewards better fit my current needs. I am anxious to see what I hear back form them.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 28
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@JustMe77 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Incredible. I sent a simple secured message to Amex less than an hour ago saying simply, "I would like to product change my Clear card to the Blue Cash Everyday card."

Hello mmduluth,

As you requested, I've changed your Clear Card account to Blue Cash Everyday Card account. The Product Change will be effective on 01/18/2012. You will receive details regarding the change in terms by mail.

Your current Card can continue to be used until the new Card is received. Your new Card will be received within 7-10 business days.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

Email Servicing Team 

That's pretty awesome, congrats! 

+1 - this is really great.

I sent them a secure messaage this morning asking them to PC me from BCE to Costco TE as I think the rewards better fit my current needs. I am anxious to see what I hear back form them.

I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't PC to the TE card because of the Costco membership being attached or something. Please let us know how it goes!

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 22 of 28
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Well they wouldn't upgrade my Freedom card to a Signature but I got kind of excited about the Sapphire so I just decided to app for it and was instantly approved. Didn't give me a limit so I guess I'll have to call later. Some stats:

Full time student/part-time employed making $16,000/year (told you I had low income)

As of yesterday, 718 equifax FICO

No baddies

I think 1.6 year AAoA 

Oldest account is 3 years 4 months. 

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 23 of 28
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Yep, my CL was 15k before they upgraded my Freedom to a Signature Visa.

Message 24 of 28
TM82
Regular Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

Hello mmduluth,

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

Email Servicing Team 

I'm surprised since everytime I send them a SM about PCing the Clear they always come back with 'Unfortunately that card is not eligible for a product change'.  And every post I see written about it from anyone else who has a Clear it says the same.  I wonder if they recently changed this.  I might have to ask for a PC. 

My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 25 of 28
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@TM82 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Hello mmduluth,

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, 

Email Servicing Team 

I'm surprised since everytime I send them a SM about PCing the Clear they always come back with 'Unfortunately that card is not eligible for a product change'.  And every post I see written about it from anyone else who has a Clear it says the same.  I wonder if they recently changed this.  I might have to ask for a PC. 

I've read that the Clear isn't elegible for a PC all over this board but figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I didn't even have to beg lol! With the BCE having no spending threshold these days, I couldn't NOT try to PC to it. 

Update for everyone else: The CL on the new Sapphire is $5k so I suppose it's the lowest they could do for a Sig card but it's better than the $3k my Freedom is at. It's now my second highest limit with Amex being the highest at $5.5k.

Message 26 of 28
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

With Discover remember there is more than type of Discover card. There is Discover More which is well documented here.  But there is also Discover Open Road which is 2% for gas and restraunts which is the one I have. You lose the 5% cash back except when you purchase through shop Discover. I changed mine from Discover More to Discover Open Road because my ability to use 5% was so very hit and miss. Also for this year only they will give additional cash back for paying your phone or TV bill using your Discover Open Road. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 27 of 28
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

With Discover remember there is more than type of Discover card. There is Discover More which is well documented here.  But there is also Discover Open Road which is 2% for gas and restraunts which is the one I have. You lose the 5% cash back except when you purchase through shop Discover. I changed mine from Discover More to Discover Open Road because my ability to use 5% was so very hit and miss. Also for this year only they will give additional cash back for paying your phone or TV bill using your Discover Open Road. 

That's one of those cards I've always considered. Perhaps in the future. I have to garden now for 12 months at least. That's 4 new accounts opened this year!!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.