cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting situation. Need opinions from the experts... or people who know american Express

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting situation. Need opinions from the experts... or people who know american Express

@CreditScholar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

Ughhh,... I want to move to Australia so bad (for other reasons, but the 4% on Savings is another icing on the cake)! 

Any specific reasons?

Mainly aesthetic reasons as well as quality of life. Also, the UN rates it top 1-4 just about every year.

I always felt like its the better version of the US. How i feel about Canada too (use to live there) but I dont care for the clouds year round.

I even chose a career that allowed me to work anywhere in the world.  But I'm too new in the field so I gotta get at least 3 years under my belt first. What city u in? 

Sorry OP,  I just read the last page so I'm not really sure on the topic. Hope it works out! And with 5 pages I'm sure you've got your many answers.

Message 51 of 71
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting situation. Need opinions from the experts... or people who know american Express

@SuperKirby wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

Ughhh,... I want to move to Australia so bad (for other reasons, but the 4% on Savings is another icing on the cake)! 

Any specific reasons?

Mainly aesthetic reasons as well as quality of life. Also, the UN rates it top 1-4 just about every year.

I always felt like its the better version of the US. How i feel about Canada too (use to live there) but I dont care for the clouds year round.

I even chose a career that allowed me to work anywhere in the world.  But I'm too new in the field so I gotta get at least 3 years under my belt first. What city u in? 

Sorry OP,  I just read the last page so I'm not really sure on the topic. Hope it works out! And with 5 pages I'm sure you've got your many answers.

I just sent you a PM so we don't flood this thread Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 52 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@SuperKirby wrote:

+10,000

Message 53 of 71
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

+10,000

I didn't realize we were so popular...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 54 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

+10,000

I didn't realize we were so popular...

Yes it is.  I am likely visiting sometime next year.  The land of down under is awesome.  Anyone that I know who's visited Australia has had nothing but the best experience.  Two of my buddies are visiting SYD & MEL plus somewhere in the Outback this coming December.  An old friend of mine moved to Cairns like 10 years ago and loves it, albeit when there are brush fires.

Message 55 of 71
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just when I thought this thread was getting back on topic....
Message 56 of 71
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I tried with the PM...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 57 of 71
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 58 of 71
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

I'm earning 4.2% interest in my savings account here! Returns aren't that lousy everywhere Smiley Happy

In all fairness, he got exactly what he deserved. It's easy to be foolish with money when it wasn't his to begin with. I think everything that needs to be said has been already.

Can you let me in on your secret, I'm only getting 1% on my savings.... I need get on your plan!

I believe "here" refers to Australia.

+1. Unlike the US and Europe, economic conditions here have generally been much better here as we missed the recession.

There is no limit on deposits for the person who asked.

Hrm.  Had someone ranting to me about foreign currency a few months ago, I was thinking simply stuffing money into a Canadian bank but wonder would it take to open an account there.  Course with stupid mortgage savings for six months from now unlikely to be much of a difference anyway, I should go pickup a short-term CD or something to dump that in instead I guess.

        
Message 59 of 71
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Little chance of that given everything has been said I suspect Smiley Happy.

        
Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.