Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Limit AMEX Zync

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

Ill run about 10-15k though card this month. With existing pts and sign-up bonus for zync it will be about 27k MRE pts. If I link to gold card I can convert the pts so I wouldn't lose any and I would be able to keep the "exclusive" zync card.

I'm going to refi home in June.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

i applied for green with a 660 and 50k salary and was instant approved... i have one CO from 2005 on my report but 7-8 CCs and 2 Car loans with 100% on time

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ryanbush wrote:

i applied for green with a 660 and 50k salary and was instant approved... i have one CO from 2005 on my report but 7-8 CCs and 2 Car loans with 100% on time

congrats...   I think a lot of folks who went with zync were looking at it as a way to determine if a charge card was a good fit for them, while paying a pretty small AF. We could have probably picked up gold or pr gold right off the bat, but didn't really see the point of doing so since we didn't know if we would even like the charge card concept

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

i've heard that you can't get approved for any other AMEX card if you have the zync with hard limit... you will have to close it before you can get any other card

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

congrats...   I think a lot of folks who went with zync were looking at it as a way to determine if a charge card was a good fit for them, while paying a pretty small AF. We could have probably picked up gold or pr gold right off the bat, but didn't really see the point of doing so since we didn't know if we would even like the charge card concept

I agree, I don't think a charge card really fits me either... except when i spend for work and ger reimbursed, which isn't very often.  I just wanted to get my foot in the door with AMEX and 95/years isn't too awfully steep!

Message 15 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ryanbush wrote:

i've heard that you can't get approved for any other AMEX card if you have the zync with hard limit... you will have to close it before you can get any other card

Duncanrr or myself do not have a HL Zync.

$95 isn't too bad unless you're a cheapo. 

;$25 is much better

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

i was just making a joke on my $500 hard limit. I've averaged $1,800-$2,000 through it per month for the past 4 months, but have to make continual payments to do that.

I think i may have just app'd too early for the Zync. I was approved for it with ~580 EX FICO and was really excited, but then I was finally able to get some stuff removed, etc then a month or so later my scored jumped up to 647. I also have a 6 figure salary and i think with the salary and having the 647 EX FICO then I may have gotten the NPSL.

Have you considered closing Zync and apping for a new charge card in January?  I'm sure you will be approved with NPSL on the next one.

Yes I have....depending on my scores I may app in January or March. I had a really long convo with a lady at the EO and she suggested apping for the Blue card in March and I should be approved, and if not then to call her back and she will get something worked out for me. Then most likely close the Zync and get the PRG...I like the Zync and the great benefits of being a AMEX cardmember, but I need something better than that.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 17 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

sorry i had you confused for someone that posted earlier!!  and i'm all for saving money!! Smiley Happy

@webhopper wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Duncanrr or myself do not have a HL Zync.

$95 isn't too bad unless you're a cheapo. 

;$25 is much better

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.