Reply
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,843
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

Ill run about 10-15k though card this month. With existing pts and sign-up bonus for zync it will be about 27k MRE pts. If I link to gold card I can convert the pts so I wouldn't lose any and I would be able to keep the "exclusive" zync card.

I'm going to refi home in June.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
ryanbush
Posts: 1,299
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

i applied for green with a 660 and 50k salary and was instant approved... i have one CO from 2005 on my report but 7-8 CCs and 2 Car loans with 100% on time

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,230
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync


ryanbush wrote:

i applied for green with a 660 and 50k salary and was instant approved... i have one CO from 2005 on my report but 7-8 CCs and 2 Car loans with 100% on time


congrats...   I think a lot of folks who went with zync were looking at it as a way to determine if a charge card was a good fit for them, while paying a pretty small AF. We could have probably picked up gold or pr gold right off the bat, but didn't really see the point of doing so since we didn't know if we would even like the charge card concept


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
ryanbush
Posts: 1,299
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

i've heard that you can't get approved for any other AMEX card if you have the zync with hard limit... you will have to close it before you can get any other card

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor
ryanbush
Posts: 1,299
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync


webhopper wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

i applied for green with a 660 and 50k salary and was instant approved... i have one CO from 2005 on my report but 7-8 CCs and 2 Car loans with 100% on time


congrats...   I think a lot of folks who went with zync were looking at it as a way to determine if a charge card was a good fit for them, while paying a pretty small AF. We could have probably picked up gold or pr gold right off the bat, but didn't really see the point of doing so since we didn't know if we would even like the charge card concept


I agree, I don't think a charge card really fits me either... except when i spend for work and ger reimbursed, which isn't very often.  I just wanted to get my foot in the door with AMEX and 95/years isn't too awfully steep!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,230
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync


ryanbush wrote:

i've heard that you can't get approved for any other AMEX card if you have the zync with hard limit... you will have to close it before you can get any other card


Duncanrr or myself do not have a HL Zync.

$95 isn't too bad unless you're a cheapo. 

 

;$25 is much better


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,907
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync


webhopper wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

i was just making a joke on my $500 hard limit. I've averaged $1,800-$2,000 through it per month for the past 4 months, but have to make continual payments to do that.

 

I think i may have just app'd too early for the Zync. I was approved for it with ~580 EX FICO and was really excited, but then I was finally able to get some stuff removed, etc then a month or so later my scored jumped up to 647. I also have a 6 figure salary and i think with the salary and having the 647 EX FICO then I may have gotten the NPSL.


Have you considered closing Zync and apping for a new charge card in January?  I'm sure you will be approved with NPSL on the next one.


Yes I have....depending on my scores I may app in January or March. I had a really long convo with a lady at the EO and she suggested apping for the Blue card in March and I should be approved, and if not then to call her back and she will get something worked out for me. Then most likely close the Zync and get the PRG...I like the Zync and the great benefits of being a AMEX cardmember, but I need something better than that.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $17.5k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
ryanbush
Posts: 1,299
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

sorry i had you confused for someone that posted earlier!!  and i'm all for saving money!! :smileyhappy:


webhopper wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

i've heard that you can't get approved for any other AMEX card if you have the zync with hard limit... you will have to close it before you can get any other card


Duncanrr or myself do not have a HL Zync.

$95 isn't too bad unless you're a cheapo. 

 

;$25 is much better


 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}