Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International WIRE Transfer Using Visa Credit Card

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: International WIRE Transfer Using Visa Credit Card

I love it when people speak with authority on subject matters they have no knowledge about.  

Check out riamoneytransfer.com.  Send money overseas using credit card, debit card, or from your bank account.  Yes, paypal also works.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 11 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

I love it when people speak with authority on subject matters they have no knowledge about.  

Check out riamoneytransfer.com.  Send money overseas using credit card, debit card, or from your bank account.  Yes, paypal also works.

looks like an interesting option if funds are used from bank account Smiley Happy - thanks for the info

Message 12 of 20
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

looks like an interesting option if funds are used from bank account Smiley Happy - thanks for the info

It's cheaper than Moneygram or WU.  And I believe it's free if u transfer from your bank account.  

A few months back they even allowed transferring of funds to any domestic bank accounts.  It tried a few times and loved it.  Unfortunately that feature has been disabled so only INT'L transfers are allowed now.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 13 of 20
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Buy gift cards $500 each then cash them in for money orders arcwalmart. Look up manafacture spemding
Message 14 of 20
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Sorry on iPhone cash them in at Walmart, Go to vons/Safeway and get the visa debit gift cards. Then when you go to Walmart you can use 2 $500 gift cards for a 1k money order. Will cost you $6 bucks each for each gift card and 70 cents for the money order. So you can send 1k for less than $13. Or you can do what they did to my uncle over seas. He got ripped off by people having him buy green dots cards and put $500 each on them . He would scratch the numbet off and tell them the code. Then they would log into there payoal account and load it. Ways to do it if you think outside the box
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juss11 I apologize for misunderstanding but it seems like you didn't read my primary message, did you? What would have gift cards (or even WU/MG which you personally didn't mention, someone even mentioned paypal which is completely against my message) anything to do with what I am asking? Please kindly read my message again and you will see what my question is because you have completely misunderstood it. After verifying identity and card ownership, I want to do the transaction using credit card (visa usa). Charged funds would be then deducted by money transfer service provider for offering this service. The rest (major part) would be then converted from credit card transaction to international bank WIRE transfer and sent under my name (cardholder name) to with my defined memo reference message to the beneficiary bank account. Anything else what doesn't belong to what I just said (as your suggestion about gift cards) is completely offtopic.

Message 16 of 20
gh17
Frequent Contributor

It sounded to me like Juss11 was advocating buying a gift card with a credit card, then using the gift card to fund a money order at Walmart, which seems to answer your question (or at least is on topic).

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 17 of 20
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Also I'm failing to understand how Western Union is against your message.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 18 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Juss11 I apologize for misunderstanding but it seems like you didn't read my primary message, did you? What would have gift cards (or even WU/MG which you personally didn't mention, someone even mentioned paypal which is completely against my message) anything to do with what I am asking? Please kindly read my message again and you will see what my question is because you have completely misunderstood it. After verifying identity and card ownership, I want to do the transaction using credit card (visa usa). Charged funds would be then deducted by money transfer service provider for offering this service. The rest (major part) would be then converted from credit card transaction to international bank WIRE transfer and sent under my name (cardholder name) to with my defined memo reference message to the beneficiary bank account. Anything else what doesn't belong to what I just said (as your suggestion about gift cards) is completely offtopic.

Paypal is going to be your best option. 

Other banks will just not do it.

1. They don't want to be responsible in the event of fraud.

2. They don't want to handle such chargebacks, and this is very vulnerable to fraud. It's just a complete mess from an investigation standpoint. God knows where the money went and the bank has no way of recovering it.

3. Your accounts will most likely be shut down, because banks don't want to deal with the risk and also compliance issues.

4. Lots of cash advance fees and interests will apply. It just makes no sense. Just use paypal, pay the 3% fee yourself, and be done with it. You can also include all the memo you want.

5. Vulnerable to strategic bankruptcy and whatever methods of default that anyone can come up with.

For instance, A wires to A's overseas account using his credit card. A then declares bankrupt and live happily while waiting for everything to fall off his credit reports, only to do it again.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:
5. Vulnerable to strategic bankruptcy and whatever methods of default that anyone can come up with.

For instance, A wires to A's overseas account using his credit card. A then declares bankrupt and live happily while waiting for everything to fall off his credit reports, only to do it again.

Sounds like a way to build a nice nest egg. Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.