Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction and Advice Needed - NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduction and Advice Needed - NFCU

Thanks Scarlet,

We've been with USAA for 3 years, never really looked at anything but banking,and all our insurance (car insurance can't be beat anywhere else.)

I will research their cards, thanks for the recs.

Checked on the auto loan today, they asked us if we are approved would we want to check mailed or picked up at a local credit union.  I don't want to get my hopes up too soon. Its been 6 days since we applied, figured we would have an answer by now. They also said they verified income but the number I created in The Work Number still shows as unused.  On, this is so nerve wracking! 

Message Edited by jayzbel2 on 05-06-2009 04:39 PM
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were approved for the car loan!! Yah!!!!!!!  DH is going to pick up the check right now downtown.  Plus we managed to talk the price down on the truck we are buying (a Land Rover!)  which means an even lower monthly payment.  I am so happy I could do a dance around the neighborhood!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We were approved for the car loan!! Yah!!!!!!!  DH is going to pick up the check right now downtown.  Plus we managed to talk the price down on the truck we are buying (a Land Rover!)  which means an even lower monthly payment.  I am so happy I could do a dance around the neighborhood!

CONGRATS!

dancing frogs

Message 13 of 19
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

Hi.  You may want to go ahead and try for the soft pull after you check you EQ score.  My starting limit was 10K 6 months ago.  A couple of days ago, I decided to ask for an increase to offset any potential CLDs.  I asked for 5K (since you have to ask for something).  They came back with 10K and raised me to 20K.  It stopped at the soft pull with an EQ at 702 and positive payment history.

Good luckSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

dancing frogs

Ah HA!! . . . I think I finally understand "BUCKETING" . . . . thanks Tx . . . Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU's Cash Rewards is issued at a 1% higher rate than their Platinum card (no rewards).  It is a good card if you never ever carry a balance for any extended period of time.  I have Pat versions of both the MC and Visa (was going for rate)

USAA (if you are eligable) does have rewards cards (choice of points or cash - I took points) and gave me a better rate by 2% than NFCU. The limits aren't as high on each card but still generous (10K vs 14K).

When speaking with NFCU last week - the rep told me that at 13 months there is automatic review for a rate decrease - and at 12 months  a CL review.  One is eligable after 6 months but it is a hard if it goes to committee and their is no way to stop the process (I personlly did not want to risk another INQ - so I declined) and he was somewhat 'surprised' by my starting limits and thought it would be declined.

HTH

Scarlet

My Cash Rewards was issued at 6.3% over prime (approved today) at $25k CL

Message 16 of 19
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

AWSOME!!! . . . . now you can fill up your 727 and MY 747 . . . with . . . . you guess it . . . NAVFUEL!! . . Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU's Cash Rewards is issued at a 1% higher rate than their Platinum card (no rewards).  It is a good card if you never ever carry a balance for any extended period of time.  I have Pat versions of both the MC and Visa (was going for rate)

USAA (if you are eligable) does have rewards cards (choice of points or cash - I took points) and gave me a better rate by 2% than NFCU. The limits aren't as high on each card but still generous (10K vs 14K).

When speaking with NFCU last week - the rep told me that at 13 months there is automatic review for a rate decrease - and at 12 months  a CL review.  One is eligable after 6 months but it is a hard if it goes to committee and their is no way to stop the process (I personlly did not want to risk another INQ - so I declined) and he was somewhat 'surprised' by my starting limits and thought it would be declined.

HTH

Scarlet

My Cash Rewards was issued at 6.3% over prime (approved today) at $25k CL

Congratulations txjohn!     Good for you!!

The Cash Rewards APR is Flex, not Fix like nRewards.  So there is no such as " NFCU's Cash Rewards is issued at a 1% higher rate than their Platinum card" 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, thanks for the dancing frogs!  Its been a wonderful day riding in the new wheels.  A few days ago I sent in an app via snail mail for a NAV LOC, and a few of the cards (only asked for $4500 on the NAV LOC though.)  But that will do for now. 
Message Edited by jayzbel2 on 05-07-2009 09:01 PM
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.