cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction and guidance on Gardening

tag
huntman21014

Introduction and guidance on Gardening

Hey there, I just want to thank you guys on this forum and hopefully you guys can help me stay on the Garden path.  I am 20 soon to be 21 with the following accounts but need to cool it for the next year or two to let all these inquiries drop off.  Any guidance besides gardening?  My Walmart FICO score is 699 and that is with 30 inquiries

BofA Signature Cash Rewards $5000

Paypal Smart Connect $4000

Discover IT $1700

Amazon Store Card $1500

Walmart Discover $1250

Chase Slate $1500

Best Buy RewardZone $1000

Captial One Platinum $750 (For 3 years.....)

Macys $600

JCPenny $400

Kohls $300

Old Navy $200

Target REDcard $200

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Introduction and guidance on Gardening

Welcome to the forum!

You have gathered a nice variety of bank and store cards but you need to let them age. How many of those inq's are in the last year? What the breakdown on CB s? And if you did apply, what cc are you considering?
Message 2 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Nice portfolio of cards 

No one wants to hear it but it's part of the credit game 

With 30 INQ's its time to hit the garden and wait on some of those to fall off. 

The plus side is your scores are high if all cards are reporting you're a good shape

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 10
huntman21014

I would say more than half are from the past year, I rather foolishy thought that it would work like applying for a car loan.  If you apply a bunch in a small period of time it would look better.  I now know better, the Capital One is my oldest card and my AAoA is 1.75 years.  Not great I know but for a credit file that is only 2 in a half years old I think its pretty good.  Utilization is around 4%.  I am done apping for at least a year as I really want to get in with AMEX

My walmart FICO is 699, my EX is I believe 709 and I am not sure about my TU but I believe its in the 680's

Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Idk how your AAOA Is 1.75 yrs with your oldest account being 3 yrs unless there's another oooollld TL on your cr.
Message 5 of 10
huntman21014

Not sure either, that is what Credit Karma says my AAoA is, my EQ credit report said AAoA was 1 year 9 months

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 10
huntman21014

Ahh, then it was my EQ that was in the 680's.  Thanks for that information!  In about 12 months would you suggest going for the BCE or one of the NPSL AMEX cards?

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Honestly,mic your util is that low and your AAOA is 1.75- you could probably app in the next few months. Will most of your inq's be at least a yr by Sept?
Message 9 of 10
huntman21014

Close to 15 of the INQ's will be dropping off by August or September

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.