Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation for DiscoverIT with double cash back

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Invitation for DiscoverIT with double cash back

@Anonymous wrote:

Eep -- yes, I noticed it a bit after I posted. Clearly I'm a newbie at this...still getting the hang of things!Smiley Frustrated

I know the others say don't apply, but the double cash back offer expires soon. Since you will be gardening a while anyway, maybe it's worth a try to see if Discover gets you a card. Yeah, it's a HP. But you will get your FICO score out of it, on the Reasons letter, whether you get the card or not because your interest rate won't be the best.

And there's an outside chance, with a thin file, you might get a card. If you do, then 10% back on gasoline and ground transportation (when the doubling pays off) from Q1 2016.

Did I mention the double cash-back on new cards expires soon?

Discover is accepted more places than you might imagine, in 2015. Not so much in 1985, much better now.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Eep -- yes, I noticed it a bit after I posted. Clearly I'm a newbie at this...still getting the hang of things!Smiley Frustrated

I know the others say don't apply, but the double cash back offer expires soon. Since you will be gardening a while anyway, maybe it's worth a try to see if Discover gets you a card. Yeah, it's a HP. But you will get your FICO score out of it, on the Reasons letter, whether you get the card or not because your interest rate won't be the best.

And there's an outside chance, with a thin file, you might get a card. If you do, then 10% back on gasoline and ground transportation (when the doubling pays off) from Q1 2016.

Discover is accepted more places than you might imagine, in 2015. Not so much in 1985, much better now.

Is it  a known fact that the promotion is ending soon (end of year?)   I was thinking of getting the It Miles for my wife when mine expires in Feb.   But if that is certainy going away, we can apply now.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I took the plunge -- and got approved! $1000 CL and 18.99% APR. The quarterly 5% specials was a huge draw (plus double cash back!) Now I'll also have a monthly FICO report to share! Smiley Wink Time to jump into the garden (and improve my credit knowledge in the meantime, too!)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.