Established Contributor
wildcat

Invitation to apply for a Discover Card

I got one of these today in the mail. Why in the heck would I recieve one of these? My mid scores are only in the upper 500's and I have a bk on my record. My question is how do they get your name and I assume that I would be turned down if it was a invitation not a preapproval???? Needless to say I am not going to waste a inquiry but it does have me curious. On the up side it is nice to be asked to apply for a Discover VS First Premiere.:smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
Pappy214

Re: Invitation to apply for a Discover Card

As Admiral Ackbar would say, "Its a trap!"  By the way Pre-Approvals are also not a sure thing. I speak from Capital One experience.  

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Valued Contributor
wmarat

[ Edited ]

I hope you have a shredder.

wildcat wrote:
I got one of these today in the mail. Why in the heck would I recieve one of these? My mid scores are only in the upper 500's and I have a bk on my record. My question is how do they get your name and I assume that I would be turned down if it was a invitation not a preapproval???? Needless to say I am not going to waste a inquiry but it does have me curious. On the up side it is nice to be asked to apply for a Discover VS First Premiere.:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by wmarat on 10-10-2008 06:15 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

If you don't have a shredder, be sure to get one with the credit card slot in the front...because when you have scores to yeild yourself a Discover, it'll feel so good to watch FP card get shredded to bits. I promise!

wmarat wrote:

I hope you have shredder.

wildcat wrote:

Regular Contributor
SherriLynn

Ya, that's what I do... keep my shredder right next to my desk!  I've put at least 20 First Premier pre-apps in there!  But hey, you might get a counter-offer from Discover like I did, the Direct Rewards Discover. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Andrewmacd

i got a invitation for a discover card this week to. I applyed and got approved $1500 

706 TU 696 EX  686 EQ

Frequent Contributor
moonman

i just recieved an invitation to apply for a discover card today  and recieved a counter offer for the direct reward platinum card. hey with no annual fee its a start.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+