Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation to apply for a Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invitation to apply for a Discover Card

I got one of these today in the mail. Why in the heck would I recieve one of these? My mid scores are only in the upper 500's and I have a bk on my record. My question is how do they get your name and I assume that I would be turned down if it was a invitation not a preapproval???? Needless to say I am not going to waste a inquiry but it does have me curious. On the up side it is nice to be asked to apply for a Discover VS First Premiere.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Invitation to apply for a Discover Card

As Admiral Ackbar would say, "Its a trap!"  By the way Pre-Approvals are also not a sure thing. I speak from Capital One experience.  
Message 2 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I hope you have a shredder.

@Anonymous wrote:
I got one of these today in the mail. Why in the heck would I recieve one of these? My mid scores are only in the upper 500's and I have a bk on my record. My question is how do they get your name and I assume that I would be turned down if it was a invitation not a preapproval???? Needless to say I am not going to waste a inquiry but it does have me curious. On the up side it is nice to be asked to apply for a Discover VS First Premiere.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by wmarat on 10-10-2008 06:15 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have a shredder, be sure to get one with the credit card slot in the front...because when you have scores to yeild yourself a Discover, it'll feel so good to watch FP card get shredded to bits. I promise!

@wmarat wrote:

I hope you have shredder.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 7
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Ya, that's what I do... keep my shredder right next to my desk!  I've put at least 20 First Premier pre-apps in there!  But hey, you might get a counter-offer from Discover like I did, the Direct Rewards Discover. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 5 of 7
Andrewmacd

i got a invitation for a discover card this week to. I applyed and got approved $1500 

706 TU 696 EX  686 EQ

Message 6 of 7
moonman
Frequent Contributor

i just recieved an invitation to apply for a discover card today  and recieved a counter offer for the direct reward platinum card. hey with no annual fee its a start.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.