Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritated with Barclay's "Soft Pull" CLI, liars!! lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irritated with Barclay's "Soft Pull" CLI, liars!! lol

So I called in the other day for an APR reduction / credit line increase after 6 months of having my Barclaycard. I asked her four times if it were a soft pull and she said yes, in fact the last time she laughed and said "yes I'm positive"! kind of like I was getting annoying. The weird thing is I haven't gotten any alerts on myFICO. Just logged onto Credit Karma for the first time in two weeks and there it is clear as day, a hard pull from Barclays on January 25th. Super irritating. Especially something I specifically asked her. I would have just waited for the auto increase. I was just worried they weren't going to give me as much as I wanted. It's just frustrating because I didn't want anymore HPs because I'm trying to buy a house in the next year. Oh well, hopefully the $5,000 is worth it lol.
Just a word of advice, just because they tell you it's a SP, doesn't mean it is.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Irritated with Barclay's "Soft Pull" CLI, liars!! lol

That call should've been recorded, and Barclays can listen to it and remove the HP if you throw enough of a fit about it (which I would...)

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I called in the other day for an APR reduction / credit line increase after 6 months of having my Barclaycard. I asked her four times if it were a soft pull and she said yes, in fact the last time she laughed and said "yes I'm positive"! kind of like I was getting annoying. The weird thing is I haven't gotten any alerts on myFICO. Just logged onto Credit Karma for the first time in two weeks and there it is clear as day, a hard pull from Barclays on January 25th. Super irritating. Especially something I specifically asked her. I would have just waited for the auto increase. I was just worried they weren't going to give me as much as I wanted. It's just frustrating because I didn't want anymore HPs because I'm trying to buy a house in the next year. Oh well, hopefully the $5,000 is worth it lol.
Just a word of advice, just because they tell you it's a SP, doesn't mean it is.

Thats why you record all calls with these csr morons and get names too.

Message 3 of 18
Chris679
Established Contributor

Maybe credit karma is inaccurate?
Message 4 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Chris679 wrote:
Maybe credit karma is inaccurate?

I found them spot on with inq's and etc and I have also gotten HP's for a CLI with them which I have seen on my actual reports from the free annual one

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 18
someg33k
Established Contributor

CK is spot on accurate from my experience with hard pulls.

I would absolutely get back on the phone with Baclays and get that HP removed.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be careful in doing that.  There are federal and state laws that make the recording of phone calls without the concsent of the other party illegal.  Eleven states including California have laws against the practice.  What you need to do is mark the time of the conversation and name of CSR and then if it ever is needed, the credit card company can pull up the tapes.  

Message 7 of 18
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be careful in doing that.  There are federal and state laws that make the recording of phone calls without the concsent of the other party illegal.  Eleven states including California have laws against the practice.  What you need to do is mark the time of the conversation and name of CSR and then if it ever is needed, the credit card company can pull up the tapes.  

That's really interesting and good to know! I'm absolutely in favor of this for conversations between individuals or small private groups, but I think public companies and governmental organizations should be explicitly excluded from this protection. Anyway yeah, good to know.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK reports an EQ pull for my Schwab checking account as hard, while the actual EQ CR shows it as soft.

CK is not 100% accurate in reporting which pulls are hard vs. soft.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

If you don't want the hp don't apply for an increase that simple aleast expect a hard pull can't be removed because you requested it

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.