Frequent Contributor

Is 82% ult bad? on one accout??

but over all ult is 7%??
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is 82% ult bad? on one accout??

above 90 will hit you like a collection.  I have bt'd that percentage and not seen a score drop as long as overall uti is low. Others may have had different experiences
Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

From what I understand, under 10% is best to get good fico scores.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I understand also, but I keep hearing from people that they take both overall util and individual util equally into account.  So how would they treat this?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets not get too tied up in FICO scoring unless you are planning on apping something soon.  The first and foremost rule should be money management.  If the OP takes a hit on this, it will probably be a small one.  compare that to a 0% Bt versus a 15% or higher interest rate.  Regardless of the hit taken, the scores will improve as the balances are paid down.  That is all things being considered and the OP does no build debt on the other cards in the meantime.
Message 5 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

chiwiseguy wrote:
That's what I understand also, but I keep hearing from people that they take both overall util and individual util equally into account.  So how would they treat this?

I guess it depends on how important your scores are at this point in time, and what it would cost to reduce the utility on that one card.  I am looking to buy a car eraly next year, so I need to keep my scores high at the moment, and it is worth a little money so to do.  But if I was not shopping for a loan in the near future, saving money would be my goal
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the current state of things I would definitely reccommend saving all you can and putting those savings aside.  I have a feeling its going to be a bumpy ride.  My regular 50.00 a week for dining out has been converted to cooking and the balance going into savings...lol!
Message 7 of 13
pattycake
Established Contributor

It will hit your FICO, but unlike other slams, it reverses once the balance drops. That happened to me when I maxed out a CapOne acct so that the CL would show (no need to do that now!), but it went back up when I paid it off a few days later.

Message Edited by pattycake on 12-13-2007 06:50 AM
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
In the current state of things I would definitely reccommend saving all you can and putting those savings aside.  I have a feeling its going to be a bumpy ride.  My regular 50.00 a week for dining out has been converted to cooking and the balance going into savings...lol!

IMHO that is good advice at any time in any market conditions!!Smiley Very Happy  I was just inquiring about the util for future reference and for the sake of knowledge...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

pattycake wrote:
It will hit your FICO, but unlike other slams, it reverses once the balance drops. That happened to me when I maxed out a CapOne acct so that the CL would show (no need to do that now!), but it went back up when I paid it off a few days later.

Message Edited by pattycake on 12-13-2007 06:50 AM

82% is different than a max...,about 90 and you feel it

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.