Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AMEX worth it? (Update: APPROVED!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is AMEX worth it?

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest, I don't think I am going to be spending $2,000 in the next three months. 

If you're sure you are aren't going to spend the 2K just apply for the green card then.  That is if you are going to apply at all.  The whole pont is to gets charge card first, set your date, then later on get a revolver from them.

Message 171 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest, I don't think I am going to be spending $2,000 in the next three months. 

That's a shame.

Message 172 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately so. 

It's inevitable that I get an AMEX card. Ever since I was a child, I've always wanted one! I actually have a question regarding utilization if you have an AMEX card that has a NPSL. Since it's a charge card and you pay off your entire balance at the end of the month, how do you evaluate your utilization on your credit report? Is having the AMEX charge card like not having a card at all, according to utilization? 

Message 173 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately so. 

It's inevitable that I get an AMEX card. Ever since I was a child, I've always wanted one! I actually have a question regarding utilization if you have an AMEX card that has a NPSL. Since it's a charge card and you pay off your entire balance at the end of the month, how do you evaluate your utilization on your credit report? Is having the AMEX charge card like not having a card at all, according to utilization? 

Utilization is not factored.

Message 174 of 315
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TonicWater, I appreciate you putting in your advice and giving me some information where you see your point of view as. However, I don't think the folks in this group are wanting me to "ruin" my credit intentionally. They all took the chances I am contemplating to take and that's how they all got here. They've been correct about the hard pulls, AAoA, and more info. There are not here to cause me or anyone any harm; quite the opposite. 

By the way guys, what's the difference between the AMEX Gold and the AMEX PRG? Only thing I seen is you get more points towards categories, but anything else? Is the easy approval chances with the PRG the same as the Gold? 

When i called Amex, they mentioned the PRG offers something about like seating for like flights or concerts or something like that. I quite remember, i just know it was something along those lines. At least thats what they told me. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 175 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately so. 

Ok, so you've been asking the same basic questions since Oct 30th, and you don't have a solution yet? I'm calling troll on this post now...

Message 176 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately so. 

Ok, so you've been asking the same basic questions since Oct 30th, and you don't have a solution yet? I'm calling troll on this post now...

I didn't wanna go there....lol.

It is however the OP's choice to apply or not.

Message 177 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hardly, Burned2manybridgesB4

It's called asking a question and not getting it fully answered or seeking more than one person's point of view. 

But I appreciate all of you nice folks on here that have answered my 1,000,000+ noob questions, haha. 

Message 178 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately so. 

I didn't wanna go there....lol.

It is however the OP's choice to apply or not.

Message 179 of 315
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 180 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.