Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Is AMEX worth it?

DO IT...DO IT.Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're a student, go for the discover it for students. They're fairly generous with thin profiles that belong to students.

Message 43 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt get my sig looking the way it does by not taking chances. Smiley Wink
Message 44 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I didnt get my sig looking the way it does by not taking chances. Smiley Wink

Yah, es TRUE.

Message 45 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI first. BofA will report your new limit immediately.

Higher limit begets higher limit.
Message 46 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

@notbob. Not always true.
Message 47 of 315
chalupaman
Super Contributor

You have nothing to lose dude. Do it! Smiley Happy

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 48 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

waiting2.GIF

Message 49 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I've been watching some of the responses here for the past few minutes and I had to make an account just so I could reply to this nonsense. 

I'm literally in awe at the amount of "sophisticated" people with "great credit" tell this young lad to go all out and ruin his credit with hard inquiries, knowing he is going to get denied with such a small report that he has at the moment. It's close to admit he is going to get denied for doing all this and he will later have regret because he clearly is looking up to you people on here. 

Young man, take my advice and only apply for one card or one credit limit increase right now. Don't go all out and apply for Discover, AMEX, and do the credit limit increase with your Bank of America. Choose only one. Thank me later. Give another 6 months or a year to take another step. 

Message 50 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.