Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AMEX worth it? (Update: APPROVED!)

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Is AMEX worth it?

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. I've been watching some of the responses here for the past few minutes and I had to make an account just so I could reply to this nonsense. 

I'm literally in awe at the amount of "sophisticated" people with "great credit" tell this young lad to go all out and ruin his credit with hard inquiries, knowing he is going to get denied with such a small report that he has at the moment. It's close to admit he is going to get denied for doing all this and he will later have regret because he clearly is looking up to you people on here. 

Young man, take my advice and only apply for one card or one credit limit increase right now. Don't go all out and apply for Discover, AMEX, and do the credit limit increase with your Bank of America. Choose only one. Thank me later. Give another 6 months or a year to take another step. 

Being on a credit board, most are at rebuilding, or past it. Being past it, I recognize a "diamond in the rough," and think the OP will pull something good out of it.

I'm sure the others that you refer to, along with myself, feel accordingly, and do not "push," rather guide with confidence that most lack in a situation like this. No ill intent, or harm is tolerated here.

Message 51 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still say break some eggs and make an omelette.
Message 52 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

And just as I was fixing to do it..... 

Message 53 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I still say break some eggs and make an omelette.

Denial: Stop

Denial 2: Duh..

Denial 3: You're SOL...no soup for you, come back one year.

Message 54 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And just as I was fixing to do it..... 

Try one app. If you pass GO, then app for CLI.

Message 55 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got 20 people cheering you on and you're gonna let one heckler get to ya?
Message 56 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You got 20 people cheering you on and you're gonna let one heckler get to ya?

Your file is good. Inquiries aren't out of control. I agree. Do your plan...all of it.

Message 57 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't do it, kid. My father is a senior analysist. Save your hard pull. 

Message 58 of 315
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I do it tomorrow at an appropriate time (say 10-11 am) in case I need to call up a recon line or are they available 24/7? 

Message 59 of 315
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

popcorn.GIF

Message 60 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.