Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AmEx Splitting with jetBlue or not?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Is AmEx Splitting with jetBlue or not?

Hello all...

I just finished a chat session with AmEx concerning this...here is the transcript:

You are now chatting with Shaun .
Shaun : Hi, welcome to American Express Chat. My name is Shaun . How can I help you today?
you: Hello Shaun...I was wondering what will happen to my Jetblue card once the association between Jetblue and AmEx ends.
Shaun : Just a heads up, we don not have any information wherein Amex and Jetblue are ending the partnership.
Shaun : If such happens, we'll inform the valuable customer like you well in advance.
Shaun : Further, please be rest assured that we at American Express never leave our card members stranded and we don’t ever intend on doing that!
you: OK...these are rumors I have read online, so I was just curious.
Shaun : Please do not worry about it.
Shaun : I do understand from where you are coming from.
Shaun : Had I been at your place, I would have also contacted Amex Support team to clarify this.
you: Thank you for your assistance, Shaun...have a great evening.

So is there a contract with Barclays or not, and what happens to the jetBlue card if there is indeed a switch?

Thanks for your input.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is AmEx Splitting with jetBlue or not?

I've read many articles that indicate that Amex & Jet Blue are indeed calling it quits. I read that Jet Blue is going with Barclays instead. However, these things take time, just as the Costo-Amex situation is not immediate. Perhaps the Amex rep didn't have information yet as to how and when but he didn't seem to deny that is was happening, just that he had no info.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 2 of 8
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor
Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Without an official announcement having happened, don't expect to get ANY information about future plans from a frontline CSR. 

Just my $0.02

Message 4 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Without an official announcement having happened, don't expect to get ANY information about future plans from a frontline CSR. 

Just my $0.02

There is an official announcement. Go to Amex's website and try to apply for a JetBlue card.

Message 5 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

they've made an announcement that the contract has so far not been renewed. nothing for sure publicly announced though.
Message 6 of 8
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Let me put it to you this way...my company took our Corporate AMEX cards away last month and are replacing them with MasterCards.

If you wonder why that's relevant to this post...look at my username...

The JetBlue AMEX card is definately going away at the end of this year.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I'll for sure have to apply for the JetBlue AMEX before it goes bye bye.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.