cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AmEx's 61-day 3x CLI Common Knowledge?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Is AmEx's 61-day 3x CLI Common Knowledge?

Hey Guys and Gals,

I had never heard of the opportunity to ge a 3x cli opportunity from AmEx until I came here. Is this a "secret" that AmEx would rather we not know, or is it encouraged? I won't be asking for 3x as that would bring me over $30K, and honestly I don't need so large a CL. $20k is more than enough for a single card. Thanks for your input.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is AmEx's 61-day 3x CLI Common Knowledge?

their institution is in the practice of collecting interest and selling debt when person is unable to pay anymore, they attempt to sell their debt to other institutions

so they don't mind if more people know about the 3x CLI, but this is more of a maximum CLI whereas other institutions can do higher CLI's, 4x and 5x, no guarantees though

Message 2 of 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Is AmEx's 61-day 3x CLI Common Knowledge?

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hey Guys and Gals,

I had never heard of the opportunity to ge a 3x cli opportunity from AmEx until I came here. Is this a "secret" that AmEx would rather we not know, or is it encouraged? I won't be asking for 3x as that would bring me over $30K, and honestly I don't need so large a CL. $20k is more than enough for a single card. Thanks for your input.

If it's a secret, it's not very well kept!   All one has to do is visit any message board/forum that discusses credit cards and you'll likely find discussions about it.  Also, if you Google "AMEX 3x credit limit" you'll get a bunch of responses, some useful, some not.  And finally, a search right here at good ol' MyFICO will show a plethera of discussions!  If I were a betting man, my bet would be that AMEX is very aware of these discussions on forums such as this. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.