tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Amex in decline?

@aamex wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

After reading some of the posts about overseas call centres, poor CS and the like, it got me thinking... Is Amex in decline, even if it's a very slow one?

They used to be undisputed when it came to being at the top of the pile. Now it's not so clear-cut anymore. Lately I hear more and more about them "cutting corners", see them taking people with lower FICOs, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Yeah, I've been getting overseas call centers. Also, their top tier cards are plastic which in comparision to Chase Saphhire Preferred is poor quality. I don't know if their in decline...but theyre definitely getting outbeat by Chase and Discover as far as customer service.

Are you getting overseas call centres when calling about your Amex platinum? If it's for the zync, green, and maybe gold I might be able to understand. If it's for the platinum that's another story altogether............

Platinum.

Didnt you just get approved for platinum? If not calling the number on the back of your card then it is mostly overseas. Ive only had one experience when I called platinums number when I was transfered overseas. I could tell all American lines must have been busy as it had a busy tone for several seconds.

Message 71 of 72
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Amex in decline?

@Anonymous wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

After reading some of the posts about overseas call centres, poor CS and the like, it got me thinking... Is Amex in decline, even if it's a very slow one?

They used to be undisputed when it came to being at the top of the pile. Now it's not so clear-cut anymore. Lately I hear more and more about them "cutting corners", see them taking people with lower FICOs, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Yeah, I've been getting overseas call centers. Also, their top tier cards are plastic which in comparision to Chase Saphhire Preferred is poor quality. I don't know if their in decline...but theyre definitely getting outbeat by Chase and Discover as far as customer service.

Are you getting overseas call centres when calling about your Amex platinum? If it's for the zync, green, and maybe gold I might be able to understand. If it's for the platinum that's another story altogether............

Platinum.

Didnt you just get approved for platinum? If not calling the number on the back of your card then it is mostly overseas. Ive only had one experience when I called platinums number when I was transfered overseas. I could tell all American lines must have been busy as it had a busy tone for several seconds.

Yeah, but as far as I know the rep couldve just been foriegn in a US call center. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 72 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.