Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amex or Venture Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Amex or Venture Possible?

General recommendation is to avoid apping for anything for 6-12 months before apping for a mortgage. Inqs do have a negative affect on your score, so there could be a negative affect on your mortgage app, depending on whether it is more or less than a year away. Actually getting the card could have a negative affect due to the decreased AAoA or a positive effect due to decreased utilization. Over the course of a year, it probably helps, but nobody can tell you for sure. 

Message 11 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will this hinder me app'ing for a mortgage in a year??

As long as you don't app anything else then you should be fine. A year from now is a good amount of time for things to "clear out"

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am Ex runs Ex. If you are working on those collections I would wait on applying for them. Maybe try a Barclays card as they run TU. Just make sure you close Credit One before it hits one year. You could try the Dillards Am Ex through Wells Fargo although Wells is nitpicky and the limit would only be $1200 if you were successful. They also run TU.

Just chill if you want to go for a mortgage.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Am Ex runs Ex. If you are working on those collections I would wait on applying for them. Maybe try a Barclays card as they run TU. Just make sure you close Credit One before it hits one year. You could try the Dillards Am Ex through Wells Fargo although Wells is nitpicky and the limit would only be $1200 if you were successful. They also run TU.

Just chill if you want to go for a mortgage.

Yeah, i dont think i will do it. Im afraid of adding new accounts. And also, i really can justify the need for the other cards.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.