cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amex recon dept open on weekends?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Amex recon dept open on weekends?

@adavis425 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@VWTUNER wrote:

OP needs to update signature. Smiley Happy

Update it to what?  I don't get what you're saying.  

VWTUNER may be referring to "No apps till 2014" in your siggy.

Ohhh!! Haha! Well the app for Amex is the one from 12/31/2012 listed in my signature so I hope I won't need another hp!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

The BK is probably why Amex didn't approve you instantly.

Of all the issuers, Amex is likely the most anti-bk one out there.  Good luck on your recon, but you'll likely have wait until the BK falls off before they approve you. 

Message 12 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Open123 wrote:

Of all the issuers, Amex is likely the most anti-bk one out there.  Good luck on your recon, but you'll likely have wait until the BK falls off before they approve you. 

I missed the BK in your siggy ~ yeah, AMEX is very unlikely to approve you with a recent BK.   In some instances people have been approved with very old BKs reporting, like 8, 9 years....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Thanks but yeah I already knew this but I'm still going to try.  Been others that have gotten it so why not try Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I missed the BK in your siggy ~ yeah, AMEX is very unlikely to approve you with a recent BK.   In some instances people have been approved with very old BKs reporting, like 8, 9 years....

Sure they might not but I'm sure going to try.  The thing is that I do have in my favor is 1 card that I had for 15 years always paid on time and I ran a lot of money through it monthly.  I also have another active card through my employer that I run a lot through each month.  Don't know if that's going to help or not, but I have nothing to lose trying...LOL!  The worse they say is nope and you have to wait till your bk falls off.  I have less than a year for that so then I'll have to wait.  But this is going to be a challenge so I always love those Smiley Very Happy 

Message 15 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Sure they might not but I'm sure going to try.  The thing is that I do have in my favor is 1 card that I had for 15 years always paid on time and I ran a lot of money through it monthly.  I also have another active card through my employer that I run a lot through each month.  Don't know if that's going to help or not, but I have nothing to lose trying...LOL!  The worse they say is nope and you have to wait till your bk falls off.  I have less than a year for that so then I'll have to wait.  But this is going to be a challenge so I always love those Smiley Very Happy 

Good luck!

Fortune favors the bold, I agree!  Either way, I'm sure Amex will be more than happy to issue you a card in November.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.