Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Re: Is Amex recon dept open on weekends?

adavis425 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

VWTUNER wrote:

OP needs to update signature. :smileyhappy:

Update it to what?  I don't get what you're saying.  

VWTUNER may be referring to "No apps till 2014" in your siggy.

Ohhh!! Haha! Well the app for Amex is the one from 12/31/2012 listed in my signature so I hope I won't need another hp!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor
Open123

The BK is probably why Amex didn't approve you instantly.

Of all the issuers, Amex is likely the most anti-bk one out there.  Good luck on your recon, but you'll likely have wait until the BK falls off before they approve you. 

pizzadude

Open123 wrote:

Of all the issuers, Amex is likely the most anti-bk one out there.  Good luck on your recon, but you'll likely have wait until the BK falls off before they approve you. 

I missed the BK in your siggy ~ yeah, AMEX is very unlikely to approve you with a recent BK.   In some instances people have been approved with very old BKs reporting, like 8, 9 years....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

[ Edited ]

Open123 wrote:

Thanks but yeah I already knew this but I'm still going to try.  Been others that have gotten it so why not try :smileyvery-happy:

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

pizzadude wrote:

Open123 wrote:

I missed the BK in your siggy ~ yeah, AMEX is very unlikely to approve you with a recent BK.   In some instances people have been approved with very old BKs reporting, like 8, 9 years....

Sure they might not but I'm sure going to try.  The thing is that I do have in my favor is 1 card that I had for 15 years always paid on time and I ran a lot of money through it monthly.  I also have another active card through my employer that I run a lot through each month.  Don't know if that's going to help or not, but I have nothing to lose trying...LOL!  The worse they say is nope and you have to wait till your bk falls off.  I have less than a year for that so then I'll have to wait.  But this is going to be a challenge so I always love those :smileyvery-happy: 

Senior Contributor
Open123

Rhaeny wrote:

Sure they might not but I'm sure going to try.  The thing is that I do have in my favor is 1 card that I had for 15 years always paid on time and I ran a lot of money through it monthly.  I also have another active card through my employer that I run a lot through each month.  Don't know if that's going to help or not, but I have nothing to lose trying...LOL!  The worse they say is nope and you have to wait till your bk falls off.  I have less than a year for that so then I'll have to wait.  But this is going to be a challenge so I always love those :smileyvery-happy: 

Good luck!

Fortune favors the bold, I agree!  Either way, I'm sure Amex will be more than happy to issue you a card in November.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+