Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amex teasing me????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Amex teasing me????

Amex sent me an invitation to apply for their Gold card like 30 days after I got turn down for their Zync. It went straight to the trash.

Message 11 of 17
RHAL
Regular Contributor

x9j4j,

AMEX did the exaxt same thing to me! Only they approved me for the Gold.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 12 of 17
jason10
New Contributor

Why would AMEX reject you for the Zync but approve you for the Gold? If anything, I would think the Gold would be easier to acquire. Is it possible something on your CR changed?

Message 13 of 17
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Well, my score went up maybe 20 points in that period of a month or so, but it was just from util going down. No other changes on any of my reports.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason10 wrote:

Why would AMEX reject you for the Zync but approve you for the Gold? If anything, I would think the Gold would be easier to acquire. Is it possible something on your CR changed?

I don't think anything has changed FICO wise. I was turned down for the Zync because there isn't a consumer score for me because none of my account are more than 6 months old, tried to recon but no luck (this time they pulled all three!Smiley Mad) a month later I receive an invitation to apply, didnt pull the trigger because I know I would get turned down for the same reason so it just threw it away.

Message 15 of 17
Established Member

The e-mail link is telling me that my application doesn't exsist or hasn't updated yet.....will try to call in tomorrow.

Starting Score: EQ 590
Current Score: EQ 667
Goal Score: EQ 730

Message 16 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

Sometimes that means it has been sent to the media department (requirement of 4506/4506-T).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.