Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BOA blacklist friendly

tag
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Is BOA blacklist friendly

I had a bad 29 fee from Fleet Bank back in 99 and I have tried to get even a secured CC and BOA wont accept me.  Fleet Bank I thought was bought by BOA

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 11 of 20
IslandSoul
Established Member

Mine was the 99/500 secured card. Being my first card I knew nothing about how to handle credit responsibly. I was doing fine for about 5 months until a friend of mine begged me to purchase something for her. I did and let say I never got the money for it and I ended up loosing my job shortly after. And the card was stolen while in Newark. So it was charged off. They sold the debt the c/o has tried to collect (840) but it's past SOL. I've tried to get the BOA trade line deleted off my reports buy it keeps coming back updated and verified. Seeing it's set to fall off in Sept I've decided to just let it do that. The collection agency though isn't on my report.
I just felt ill be on their naughty list seeing that the debt always comes back "verified" let's me know I'm still on their radar. Once that debt fall off. My current cards I've obtained will be a 15-8 months old and I'll apply for chase or so. Discover I doubt will approve me with a Verizon baddy on my report.
Message 12 of 20
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I just found out today that I am on the BOA blacklist. i applied for a MC. The only reason cited in denying me the card was "you have a current or past delinquency on your account(s) with us and/or our affiliates." It's very hard to address a problem which is not clearly disclosed. If you get such a message you need to contact the collections department. It turns out the allegedly unpaid balance was from a credit card that was closed and charged off in the year 2000. I still have a BOA checking and savings account and actually responded to a pre-approved offer. They still made a hard inquiry even though it was clear the only reason I was denied was due to the unpaid amounts. A representative told me that she would gladly set up a payment plan for me. Very nice of her to reage the debt and make it active. I declined her generous offer. If you get the message I got, you have to find out what they say you owe and pay it. Then I would wait at least six months before reapplying. One of the reasons bringing down my Experian report was too many inquiries in the last 12 months. The BOA inquiry was the only inquiry. So the inquiry in question was the one, which meant there were ZERO other inquiries. EVen if you pay there is no guarantee they will ever allow you to have another credit card account. 

Message 13 of 20
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

They pulled a hard inquiry and instantely decline me for being on the blacklist. Thanks for lowering my score! I LOVE you BOA! (NOT)

Message 14 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RaiseMyScoreASAP wrote:

I just found out today that I am on the BOA blacklist. i applied for a MC. The only reason cited in denying me the card was "you have a current or past delinquency on your account(s) with us and/or our affiliates." It's very hard to address a problem which is not clearly disclosed. If you get such a message you need to contact the collections department. It turns out the allegedly unpaid balance was from a credit card that was closed and charged off in the year 2000. I still have a BOA checking and savings account and actually responded to a pre-approved offer. They still made a hard inquiry even though it was clear the only reason I was denied was due to the unpaid amounts. A representative told me that she would gladly set up a payment plan for me. Very nice of her to reage the debt and make it active. I declined her generous offer. If you get the message I got, you have to find out what they say you owe and pay it. Then I would wait at least six months before reapplying. One of the reasons bringing down my Experian report was too many inquiries in the last 12 months. The BOA inquiry was the only inquiry. So the inquiry in question was the one, which meant there were ZERO other inquiries. EVen if you pay there is no guarantee they will ever allow you to have another credit card account. 

The debt cannot be reaged, it would be illegal to do so. Once the DoFD is set the max time if can remain on file is 7.5 yrs. A payment plan doesnt reset the time it can report on your CRs but any payments could restart the SOL.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny.

Im on the blacklist and it never pulls report for me
Message 16 of 20
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comment. Unfortuantely I know that creditors big and small give a big middle finger to the rules about reaging accounts and the date of first delinquency. In fact when I called BOA, they referenced a collection from a different creditor where the DOFD was in 2006 yet the collection agency continues to update and maintain that it was 2009. (Although this was not the reason my BOA application was denied.) This is despite a letter from the original creditor that the DOFD was in 2006. I have spent the last two years trying to correct all the errors on my reports. It took over 9 months just to get my correct name to be reported. (I am male and not married and the name was still wrong.) My score has risen over 100 points due to all the corrected information. The main thing I have learned is that you have to be persistent and unrelenting in monitoring. Errors that were corrected often reappear like dog urine stains on the carpet.     

Message 17 of 20
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Obviously I'm special since they sent me a pre-approved offer, took a hard inquiry and THEN told me to go jump in the lake after the damage of an inquiry was done. I don't blame them for rejecting the application. I do blame then for pulling a hard inquiry on a pre-approved and telling me that none of the info in my credit report was why they rejected me. But they did do a "careful review" HA HA HA

Message 18 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RaiseMyScoreASAP wrote:

Thanks for the comment. Unfortuantely I know that creditors big and small give a big middle finger to the rules about reaging accounts and the date of first delinquency. In fact when I called BOA, they referenced a collection from a different creditor where the DOFD was in 2006 yet the collection agency continues to update and maintain that it was 2009. (Although this was not the reason my BOA application was denied.) This is despite a letter from the original creditor that the DOFD was in 2006. I have spent the last two years trying to correct all the errors on my reports. It took over 9 months just to get my correct name to be reported. (I am male and not married and the name was still wrong.) My score has risen over 100 points due to all the corrected information. The main thing I have learned is that you have to be persistent and unrelenting in monitoring. Errors that were corrected often reappear like dog urine stains on the carpet.     

Then I would be sending the CA an ITS (intent to sue) letter for violations of the FCRA. You can collect 1K for each violation, it is illegal for them to be reporting it if the DoFD was in 2006 and a letter from the OC stating that is all the proof you need.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with 7.5 years old BK but I never burned them in my BK.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.