RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Is BOA inq sensitive

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Just be careful after you app. I assume you will get approved!  Smiley Happy

This being said, remember they softed the heck out of us, then closed our accounts "AA" as they "figured" we had enough credit already. I would hate to see hta happen to you!

Good luck - please share APP results.

Which card did you have with them?

I am looking at this one:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericard-privileges-cash-rewards-credit-car...

We got the 1-2-3 cards... Just about killed me when they took away $30k in credit from us!

Did they restore your card?

No - never bothered with it. I could have called and ask but I think I had to do that within 90 or so days... We have recovered that amount (more now) with other cards so I do not need them. We did get $500 back from them after we spent $1200... So, we came out on the deal. I do not care about the AA as that did not seem to affect anything score-wise.

This card looks good though. You feel you can get it?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

This being said, remember they softed the heck out of us, then closed our accounts "AA" as they "figured" we had enough credit already. I would hate to see hta happen to you!

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericard-privileges-cash-rewards-credit-car...

We got the 1-2-3 cards... Just about killed me when they took away $30k in credit from us!

No - never bothered with it. I could have called and ask but I think I had to do that within 90 or so days... We have recovered that amount (more now) with other cards so I do not need them. We did get $500 back from them after we spent $1200... So, we came out on the deal. I do not care about the AA as that did not seem to affect anything score-wise.

Would be good for me to get this card since I travel much for work. But it could go two ways:

1. Too much available credit or recent inqs (on EX)

2. Approved since I have high limit cards with Chase/ AMEX (their direct competitor). All my Credit Cards apart from Cap One are $10K + in CL with my NFCU  at $28k. Util is 2%

Decisions..decisions..

Message 12 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Would be good for me to get this card since I travel much for work. But it could go two ways:

2. Approved since I have high limit cards with Chase/ AMEX (their direct competitor). All my Credit Cards apart from Cap One are $10K + in CL with my NFCU  at $28k. Util is 2%

Decisions..decisions..

When we applied, we both got the "call for instant approval" screen. Called them and I talked with a really nice guy - verified some information and that was all it took. $15k... I had figured I might get $5k from them so that was nice.

I wish I could get in with NFCU after reading here - just do not have an avenue.  Smiley Sad

Nice limits by the way. I am like you with most at $10k or better. My new Cap 1 Venture is $5k, that Amex Delta is $5k, and my Wally Discover is $1600...  Smiley Happy

Util is currently 1% - and it will stay that way!

Ray

Message 13 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Decisions..decisions..

When we applied, we both got the "call for instant approval" screen. Called them and I talked with a really nice guy - verified some information and that was all it took. $15k... I had figured I might get $5k from them so that was nice.

I wish I could get in with NFCU after reading here - just do not have an avenue.  Smiley Sad

Nice limits by the way. I am like you with most at $10k or better. My new Cap 1 Venture is $5k, that Amex Delta is $5k, and my Wally Discover is $1600...  Smiley Happy

I'm hoping to gey my Wally, ON, Nordstrom above 10k in the next year

I still have my good ol cap one at $1100 and I forgot to mention my BBRZMC at $800 ($59 AF)

I hoping BOA will throw me somethig since I have been banking with them since 2000 (when they were Fleet Bank here in MA)

Message 14 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Decisions..decisions..

I'm hoping to gey my Wally, ON, Nordstrom above 10k in the next year

I still have my good ol cap one at $1100 and I forgot to mention my BBRZMC at $800 ($59 AF)

I hoping BOA will throw me somethig since I have been banking with them since 2000 (when they were Fleet Bank here in MA)

Same - I'll try at 61 days for Amex Delta for $15k, not sure about Cap 1 and their policies on the Venture, I may call them and ask. As for Wally, I will try in a few months to get it up there too. I just closed $6k in lines with GE, want to let the dust settle just a bit, then hit them up!

I am good with anything $5k or better, but would prefer $10k...  Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 15 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Same - I'll try at 61 days for Amex Delta for $15k, not sure about Cap 1 and their policies on the Venture, I may call them and ask. As for Wally, I will try in a few months to get it up there too. I just closed $6k in lines with GE, want to let the dust settle just a bit, then hit them up!

I'm due for the BCE 6 months CLI at the end of July. I'll try to get it to $25K

I dont think my wally stored will go higher than my current CL of $6K. I would have a better chance if it was the Discover version.

But just like you anything $5K and above is good. Hoping the Nordstrom becomes a siggy in the next year. I will mostly likely close my Cap One and BBRZMC.

I have to let my AAoA climb a bit. I have killed it lately.

Message 16 of 23
tacaza
Valued Member

@CS800 wrote:

I have 5 on my EX in the last 4 months. Looking to try for the 1-2-3 card

I had 4 INQs and a bunch of new accs on EX, but got approved for their Privileges Travel Rewards card. Give it a shot Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I'm due for the BCE 6 months CLI at the end of July. I'll try to get it to $25K

I dont think my wally stored will go higher than my current CL of $6K. I would have a better chance if it was the Discover version.

But just like you anything $5K and above is good. Hoping the Nordstrom becomes a siggy in the next year. I will mostly likely close my Cap One and BBRZMC.

I have to let my AAoA climb a bit. I have killed it lately.

Me too - too many new cards... But, the Delta Amex will help as it backdates to 1979... I think a goal of no limit less than $10k is a great goal to work on - and - if we sit in the garden long enough, I bet that would happen for both of us within a year...

Ray

Message 18 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

Do the BOA Sig report a credit limit on the credit report?

Message 19 of 23
learnin113
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Delinquent accounts..

That's in 2007 too on a BOA credit card which has been paid in full in 2010

Well that kinda answered my question.  I want that 1-2-3 card, but I burned BOA, then MBNA way back when and only paid off circa 08.  I was hoping to get back in one day, but I'll watch your result to see if I should waste my time...

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.