tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Barclays US Airways worth it in light of coming AA merger

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ive only got 2 TU INQs, My TU is decent however....I may have to recon for it though and then ill have to face the barclays army again. :/

What makes them so tough on recon?

Barclays Credit Analysts have allergy to new accounts.  They once grilled me about 6 new accts in the prior 24 months.  Moving across country wasn't a good enough reason to get them to overturn the denial.  These days if I don't get an instant decision I just wait it out (and managed mixed results).

Well i am glad i got instant approved then , i wouldn't want to deal with interrogation with them. I just got two new cards last month, and luckily for me they weren't TU pulls lol.I am wondering what to use my card to buy lol. maybe something at cvs since no bonus spending there lol

Pack of gum!

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ive only got 2 TU INQs, My TU is decent however....I may have to recon for it though and then ill have to face the barclays army again. :/

Barclays Credit Analysts have allergy to new accounts.  They once grilled me about 6 new accts in the prior 24 months.  Moving across country wasn't a good enough reason to get them to overturn the denial.  These days if I don't get an instant decision I just wait it out (and managed mixed results).

Well i am glad i got instant approved then , i wouldn't want to deal with interrogation with them. I just got two new cards last month, and luckily for me they weren't TU pulls lol.I am wondering what to use my card to buy lol. maybe something at cvs since no bonus spending there lol

They certainly won't like me then. Lots of new accounts. Guess I could try for the instant approval.

Message 22 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pack of gum!

I think i will get an bag of chips!!! 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They certainly won't like me then. Lots of new accounts. Guess I could try for the instant approval.

I don't know how they are since this is my first barclays card. I was instant approved though , so far so good. Maybe if your fico scores are in excellent range they will over look the new accounts who knows?

Message 24 of 34
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know how they are since this is my first barclays card. I was instant approved though , so far so good. Maybe if your fico scores are in excellent range they will over look the new accounts who knows?

Irish, how many TU inq do you have?  They were tough with my reconsideration also because I had an old paid charge-off.  I think it was two red flags for them so I really can't blame them for not approving.  If you have a clean file and not too many recent inq, I think you have good approval odds.

Message 25 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was approved for this card earlier this month and two weeks after obtaining the arrival.

I plan on canceling on of them next year. I also wanter to get this card because i fly american and us a lot. Citi wont take me because i burned them 11 years ago. Barclays has been not inquirt sensitive or new account sensitive to me.
Low utilization i believe is what got me my 3 rd barclays card this year. 4 i count my closed apple card.
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still think i'm going to have to stay away here seeing as I have just got the SM last month. Profile more than supports an approval.

Message 27 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I still think i'm going to have to stay away here seeing as I have just got the SM last month. Profile more than supports an approval.

You can probaby wait till early next year offer may still be around. I just want to use US airways/AA points for flight on cathay to far east again possibly. That is why i jumped on it this week. 

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can probaby wait till early next year offer may still be around. I just want to use US airways/AA points for flight on cathay to far east again possibly. That is why i jumped on it this week. 

Hopefully it's available 2 mos from now or so, Then I know I have some sort of chance, lol.

Message 29 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully it's available 2 mos from now or so, Then I know I have some sort of chance, lol.

Do you have any paritcular plan to use those AA/US air points? If not i wouldn't worry too much about it?

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.