Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blispay too good to be true????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Blispay too good to be true????

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to let you guys know that purchasing multiple items on Amazon at once does not count as one large purchase on Blispay for some reason.

The other day I purchased several small things and didn't meet the 200 minimum spending, so I added a gift card just so I can get the promo and it ended up charging my card for each individual item seperately. So instead of one charge for 240 dollars, I have 7 charges adding up to that amount. It didn't give me the promotional interest rate for any of them.

Wow that is interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Message 141 of 166
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to let you guys know that purchasing multiple items on Amazon at once does not count as one large purchase on Blispay for some reason.

The other day I purchased several small things and didn't meet the 200 minimum spending, so I added a gift card just so I can get the promo and it ended up charging my card for each individual item separately. So instead of one charge for 240 dollars, I have 7 charges adding up to that amount. It didn't give me the promotional interest rate for any of them.

This is actually normal for Amazon.

They usually charge you for items as they ship, and if you order many items at once it increases the chances they will come from different warehouses, which will generate a separate line item on your statement for each shipment.

I'm sorry this didn't work out the way you wanted.  A single billable transaction from Amazon will still trigger the Blispay promo financing, but it can be tricky to get all the items to bill together.

Message 142 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The other day I purchased several small things and didn't meet the 200 minimum spending, so I added a gift card just so I can get the promo and it ended up charging my card for each individual item separately. So instead of one charge for 240 dollars, I have 7 charges adding up to that amount. It didn't give me the promotional interest rate for any of them.

This is actually normal for Amazon.

They usually charge you for items as they ship, and if you order many items at once it increases the chances they will come from different warehouses, which will generate a separate line item on your statement for each shipment.

I'm sorry this didn't work out the way you wanted.  A single billable transaction from Amazon will still trigger the Blispay promo financing, but it can be tricky to get all the items to bill together.

That makes sense, I had hoped it would work the same as the Amazon store card. Wishful thinking on my part.

Message 143 of 166
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The other day I purchased several small things and didn't meet the 200 minimum spending, so I added a gift card just so I can get the promo and it ended up charging my card for each individual item seperately. So instead of one charge for 240 dollars, I have 7 charges adding up to that amount. It didn't give me the promotional interest rate for any of them.

Should of just done a 200+ GC and you would of been good.. Thanks for the info though.

Message 144 of 166
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

I decided to take the plunge with Blispay earlier this month. I was rather surprised by the approval/application process. I entered my name and social, verified my identity, and...that was it. When I clicked to go to the next page expecting to continue the application I was instantly approved instead. I didn't answer any questions about my income, employment, or expenses etc. I was sitting there thinking, "Aren't you curious about my ability to repay you?" LOL, apparently not. Fine with me though. I like to keep my info private anyway. The disconcerting thing is that I assume they were able to get that information somewhere else from a third party, which I'm not wild about.

I did see the option to use a temporary virtual card for purchases immediately, but I didn't end up taking advantage of it.

The card itself looks cool and when I used it the other day to pay my electrician he complimented the design and asked me about it since he'd never heard of it. I generally don't get comments from people when I use a credit card, so Blispay must be doing something right with their designs. It worked from a word-of-mouth standpoint too since I told him about the benefits and he seemed interested in applying. LOL, if only they had a referral bonus or something like Chase and some others. Smiley Tongue

Regarding some of the name on the card posts earlier in this thread, I don't have a suffix, but I always use my middle initial and I noticed it's absent from the card. I was mildly annoyed, but not enough to try to get a new card. I'll just have it remember when I fill stuff out online that unlike all my other cards and billing accounts, Blispay doesn't use my middle initial.

Overall I really like the card! I'm happy to have another 2% everything option in my lineup since Citi isn't one of my favorite lenders. I always say I love my Citi DC, but dislike Citi themselves and wouldn't do business with them if they didn't have such an awesome card. LOL, Blispay might well supplant them.

Message 145 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember unless you're buying $199+ directly from Amazon NOT off Amazon.com my guess is you'll never get qualified for the interest-free Blispay promo. I imagine the same goes for Ebay since all transactions are from individual sellers, not Ebay. 

Like CC said you should buy a $200 Amazon or Ebay gift card then use the, to make your Amazon and Ebay purchases to for sure qualify for the 6-month interest-free financing. 

Does anyone know does Blispay on your online statement separate out your $199+ transaction so you clearly see which ones qualified for the promo? PayPal Credit does this and the founder of Blispay is x-PayPal/Bill Me Later employee so I would think that's how they show it as well.

Message 146 of 166
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember unless you're buying $199+ directly from Amazon NOT off Amazon.com my guess is you'll never get qualified for the interest-free Blispay promo. I imagine the same goes for Ebay since all transactions are from individual sellers, not Ebay. 

Like CC said you should buy a $200 Amazon or Ebay gift card then use the, to make your Amazon and Ebay purchases to for sure qualify for the 6-month interest-free financing. 

Does anyone know does Blispay on your online statement separate out your $199+ transaction so you clearly see which ones qualified for the promo? PayPal Credit does this and the founder of Blispay is x-PayPal/Bill Me Later employee so I would think that's how they show it as well.

Yes their site is very easy to know what is going on.. I currently have 1 promo going.. I am also attaching another screen shot that shows a promo paid off already along with some other activity going on... Probably the easiest system to figure out on such an easy website and simple.

--1st screen shot is old promo that is now paid.  other two are current promos.  Hope this makes sensesnip1.JPG

snip2.JPGsnip3.JPG

Message 147 of 166
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a lot of data points yet, obviously, but so far whenever I've made a purchase of over $199 I've immediately gotten an email notifying me that it may qualify for the special promo, and so far all charges over $199+ seem to have qualified. As others pointed out, it breaks up Amazon charges into separate transactions by item, but I have purchased individual items over $199 on Amazon and the individual items qualified.

Message 148 of 166
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

This is how Amazon does billing, nothing to do with Blispay. 

Like others have said Amazon bills as items are shipped from the warehouses. Items tend to come from different warehouses. If you look on Amazon at the checkout screen it will group all Items coming from the same warehouse into one shipment those items will bill as one. 

Only if youre making a single body purchase over 199$ does it insure it will qualify for the promo. Or make sure at checkout that all items are shipping as one shipment. Then you can also do the Gift Card route as others have suggested. 

Message 149 of 166
joltdude
Senior Contributor

According to Blispay online CS...

If you contact them, they can re-group Amazon purchases manually.. I do not know the details but I was on twitter and mentioned it and there like. Call us... we know about this and can do this........

-J

Message 150 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.