Title says it all....any clue????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is CSP harder to get than Marriot?

@Cmikul wrote:

Title says it all....any clue????

I was approved for both three days apart from each other and one hp on EQ.

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I got the CSP no problem but denied marriott several times.. Although people say co-branded are easier.. With that said I was pre-approved for the CSP and had a dirty dirty file at the time since alot has cleared up and alot of new credit and reconned with Marriott vs. waiting it out (bad idea)..  So probably about the same UW unless income comes into play then problably the CSP is harder to get if you are borderline as it is meant for "higher spenders"

Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Underwriting criteria are pretty similar as far as I know, but with chase's new rules on new accounts, it may be more difficult to get approved for one.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you read info about previous acquisitions of CSP, keep in mind Chase has some rules that are relatively new. Of course none of this is known to be 100% official, just what's been reported here. Rule 1) No more than 5 new cards in the previous 24 months for any of Chase's own personal cards (Slate, Freedom, CSP). 2) Something recently floating around about no more than one new chase acct in 30 days. This one I'm less sure about. It definitely wasn't in place when I got RC and Hyatt on one pull in July. But I'd definitely do research to be sure. 

Have you checked to see if you're pre-approved for CSP? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.