Regular Contributor
morganirish

Is Cap One in the christmas spirit?

I have a Cap One card with a 300. limit.  I was late 3 times in 2007.  Sent gw letters, always get the usual, "appreciate your business but the lates can't be removed".  this morning I go to my accont on line and it says I have a balance of 2,300.  So, I freaked out and called them because I have not asked for a limit increase,  and the woman I spoke with said that they periodically review credit and if it is good then they automatically do an increase. In my case 2,000.  I didn't dare mention the lates, but they must know, right?  And, maybe now is a good time to ask for a GW or should I just ride it out?  Will this be a hit on my credit score?  Is this typical of Cap one?  Sorry, lots of questions but, I didn't expect it and like I said it freaked me out a little.  Anyone have any thoughts? 

As of this am my scores are TU 724 and EQ-716.  

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Is Cap One in the christmas spirit?

morganirish wrote:

I have a Cap One card with a 300. limit.  I was late 3 times in 2007.  Sent gw letters, always get the usual, "appreciate your business but the lates can't be removed".  this morning I go to my accont on line and it says I have a balance of 2,300.  So, I freaked out and called them because I have not asked for a limit increase,  and the woman I spoke with said that they periodically review credit and if it is good then they automatically do an increase. In my case 2,000.  I didn't dare mention the lates, but they must know, right?  And, maybe now is a good time to ask for a GW or should I just ride it out?  Will this be a hit on my credit score?  Is this typical of Cap one?  Sorry, lots of questions but, I didn't expect it and like I said it freaked me out a little.  Anyone have any thoughts? 

As of this am my scores are TU 724 and EQ-716.  

Consider yourself very fortune to have received a CLI from Cap 1.  It's a rare occurence...especially for that amount.  

Do you have a CL or balance of $2300?    You mentioned you have a card with $300 limit, and later mentioned you have a balance of $2300.  If that'correct,  you are way over the limit.  

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

I hope they meant that is the available credit now.  :smileysurprised:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Regular Contributor
morganirish

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes the 2300.00 is the credit limit.  I don't charge much on that card because it has/had such a low limit.  And when I do use it I usually pay it off the same week.  Lately I have let 5. to 10.00 report.  But isn't this really strange?  Especially for Cap One, which was why I called them, because at first I thought serious error.   I still can't believe it.  I am wondering if  they did a hard pull, and if the new credit limit will hurt my score.  Really strange.  I will most likely still only use it for nickel and dime stuff, and I really wish they would remove the lates from my CR.    Wouldn't you think they would send me something in writing? 

Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Congrats on the CLI!
Regular Contributor
morganirish

Thanks, it's still weird though.   I guess it is amazing what happens when we don't ask. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+