Is Cap1 CLI SP or HP?

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Is Cap1 CLI SP or HP?

A quick question.

Is Cap1 CLI SP or HP?

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is Cap1 CLI SP or HP?

Message 2 of 14
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
SP

Thanks!

When a CLI request is denied, they are supposed to send you a letter with your credit score, correct? 

If so, is it a good idea to request CLI every month? If they accept then I get the CLI and if they deny then I get my free credit score.

Is there a downside to this approach?

[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 3 of 14
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
SP

Thanks!

When a CLI request is denied, they are supposed to send you a letter with your credit score, correct? 

If so, is it a good idea to request CLI every month? If they accept then I get the CLI and if they deny then I get my free credit score.

Is there a downside to this approach?

In my experience, It depends on how often they SP your CR.... They don't pull a fresh SP when you request the increase... They use the last SP (AR)  while evaluating the request so you might not get a new score each time you request a CLI

I''m not sure if that's a good or bad idea but i wouldn't do it 

Message 4 of 14
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

+1

totally agree with mnavas 

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 5 of 14
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys.

I noticed Cap1 SPs my TU the first of every month.

Frankly, I am unhappy with Cap1 and don't even really want a CLI from them. My current CL is 1k and I have cards with 20 times that limit. How much CLI would they give me? an extra 1k?

I was thinking of closing it but on second thought I might just keep it to get my credit score for free each month. I did a request last night was got the 7-10 day message which probably means that my credit score is on its way.

If they cancel my card for requesting too many CLIs then whatever...

[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 6 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If you haven't tried the EO route try it most seem very happy with the outcome. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 14
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I can tell you after just going through the same process that even the Executive Office can only help you so much. If your card wasn't a "prime" card to begin with they are only able to raise your credit limit to $3,000 max it seems. I'd just sock drawer the card and move on, but ymmv 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 8 of 14
cjc343
Valued Member

I've been attempting this (getting denied by Cap1 for a CLI each month) to take a peek at their pulls. So far, the newest score I've gotten through this route was exactly one month old. For example (sample data):

Cap1 pulled me in August on the 26th.

Cap1 pulled me in September on the 25th.

On October 1st I request a CLI, I'm denied and given my August score.

On October 24th I request a CLI, I'm denied on the 25th and given my September score.

Cap1 pulled me in October on the 28th.

On November 10th I request a CLI, I'm denied and given my September score.

From here out, I'll be picking a day of the month and consistently request on or shortly after that day, always expecting a report a bit over a month old (or a CLI, in which case I'd make another request). I haven't seen any AA yet (aside from CLI denials), but I don't doubt that it's a very real possibility that Cap1 hates me for this.

Note that I have not been doing this for very long, so if too many CLI requests is a flag for Cap1, I may not have broken the threshold for a slap yet.

Message 9 of 14
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@cjc343 wrote:

I've been attempting this (getting denied by Cap1 for a CLI each month) to take a peek at their pulls. So far, the newest score I've gotten through this route was exactly one month old. For example (sample data):

Cap1 pulled me in August on the 26th.

Cap1 pulled me in September on the 25th.

On October 1st I request a CLI, I'm denied and given my August score.

On October 24th I request a CLI, I'm denied on the 25th and given my September score.

Cap1 pulled me in October on the 28th.

On November 10th I request a CLI, I'm denied and given my September score.

From here out, I'll be picking a day of the month and consistently request on or shortly after that day, always expecting a report a bit over a month old (or a CLI, in which case I'd make another request). I haven't seen any AA yet (aside from CLI denials), but I don't doubt that it's a very real possibility that Cap1 hates me for this.

Note that I have not been doing this for very long, so if too many CLI requests is a flag for Cap1, I may not have broken the threshold for a slap yet.

Thanks for the good info!

[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.